Socal Rider seriously injured night before last

I was in a bad wreck when I was younger (hit by a mini van on my bike) and the skate style helmet saved my life…they said that even a foam bike helmet probably would have equated to brain damage

Best of luck @BigBoyToys. I don’t care whether or not you were wearing a helmet when you went down… all I care about is that you get better. For those who want to talk helmet safety, move it to another thread.

16 Likes

Damn. How can I support from Paris ? What do you all think to send him few bucks to show our support, so he can buy additional gear or a new helmet or a good bottle of champagne or wine ? I just opened a leechi donation platform. Feel free to support

I’ve been using leechi in the past, but if you prefer to setup another fund raising, I’m down with it too.

6 Likes

@BigBoyToys heal fast and well!

I think we should hold off on starting fund raisers and the like, atleast until Derek or his family come forward

12 Likes

I haven’t known Derek that long. But I agree with Tito that since our very first meet up I felt like we were family. I posted this to let you guys know. Not to start a helmet safety thread.

Updates on his status will be shared here when his family feels like sharing.

17 Likes

i am in other forums that have a pretty high fatality rate among members and these threads tend to digress into safety and conjecture of blame/responsiblity.

PT is right, let’s please not go down that path…

7 Likes

Agreed with you and Tito, you can’t feel anything else than being a part of the family, around Derek

Best of wishes to you Brotha @BigBoyToys

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys all my best for a full and fast recovery.

1 Like

@BigBoyToys Sorry to hear, wish you the best recovery. If this was eskate related, take it easy out there. It’s a dangerous world. We take it for granted sometimes and it takes a bad crash to remember that we are always hanging on the edge to serious injury or death.

2 Likes

@BigBoyToys Get well soon, wishing you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Get well soon Derek ! @BigBoyToys

1 Like

Oh no! Very sorry to hear this! Sending good thoughts to you @BigBoyToys!

1 Like

Hope and wishing You and yours best of health @BigBoyToys !!!

Hell, I’m so sorry to hear this. Wish you a good recovery Derek!

1 Like

Does anyone here know him well enough with his address? I would be willing to throw in $10 to send a nice basket anf flowers.

2 Likes

Hope you heal fast :slight_smile: @BigBoyToys

1 Like

Get well Soon Derek. Paying for you.

Eric

1 Like

Much esk8 love brother. Thoughts are with u and the family. Stay safe out there kids.

Ah man this sucks make a speedy full recovery @BigBoyToys

@BigBoyToys Sending good vibes at you from Ontario, Canada :canada: Speedy recovery brother.