So you like stormtroopers?

Anyone who knows me knows my thoughts on red. Its 20% faster than any other colour.

Apart from black of course.

Oh and silver. Silver is fast.

4 Likes

I prefer black for superior performance

6 Likes

Just the down really. Not really the fault of the helmet but more the limitation of the goggles.

Wow, I really thought rurocs were at the top with tsg. I have a dh mountain bike helmet however and I am very happy with it. My only complaint is the vertical fov which means I canā€™t see my feet or board while looking straight ahead. Personally I just donā€™t really like this feeling and prefer to be able to see my feet, makes me feel more stable.

Itā€™s a thh t-42 Iā€™ve seen some good reviews and itā€™s known as one of the top budget full face helmets for DH mtb image

4 Likes

This reeks of a bitter rant mired 100% in unfounded conjecture and 0% in reality based findings. Smart riders know to avoid silly rants like this and look to smart findings based in real data and real results.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thatā€™s where the triple eight invader comes in! A bit heavy but it makes your accuracy drop to the level of a stormtrooper.SX425

2 Likes

4 Likes

Cool story

4 Likes

Not just protection but visibility. Iā€™d go red or something else bright. If they had safety orange Iā€™d be all over that like white on rice.

2 Likes

Could always wrap a helmet in that neon reflective vinyl.

1 Like

For sure. Thatā€™s almost a requirement now. All these lights on the board are aesthetic. Really need lights and reflective tape/gear on the riderā€™s torso and head.

3 Likes

I always think of Cylons more than i do Stormtroopers when i see the helmet this thread is drawing attention to. cylon

6 Likes

Cover the eye holes with dark, sunglass lenses. Then wear a headband with two antennas. Youā€™ve got your Halloween ant costume!

1 Like

@Battosaii @akhlut

You guys would have seen @LunarKimā€™s helmet I presume? I really like the way it looks and his boards have cool lighting effects too. It would be great for visibility

2 Likes

I am so stealing that meme. :joy:

@chaka did you ever get a New Olders for yourself or do just your ladies have them for now?

I keep wanting to order one but canā€™t decide on a L vs XL and I canā€™t decide on what color scheme!

I think the Avitar looks way cooler than a TSG Pass and it is cheaper.

https://store.newolders.com/en/home/#category-5

1 Like

I might get the cannonball, havenā€™t decided yet. The blackbird would be a good choice for a few extra mph on raceday :nerd_face:

It will be a minute before I retire my vector, I finally invested in some full leathers so I need to hold off on personal spending for a bit.

2 Likes

Why do you say cannonball over avitar? I like them both.

1 Like

It has more of a classic look, really like the Avitar too.

2 Likes