So you like stormtroopers?

Yeah mate.

Trust me I noticed how narrow my field of view is compared to TSG. I will be getting TSG again.

2 Likes

Donā€™t be afraid to look at dh mtb helmets too. Back in the day we used to add windscreens/lenses to them.

2 Likes

To be fair they do mention skateboarding on the box. Granted eu only though.

Believe it or not, a helmet designed for skateboarding is not suitable for esk8. Typically a helmet designed for skateboarding is for taking falls at the skatepark not for riding at 20 to 30+ mph. Skatepark helmets do not absorb the impacts we see when riding at high speed.

So to be fair we could say this company is attempting to deceive us as consumers since they are in fact marketing these helmets for use in esk8

7 Likes

Your change of avatar threw me for a loop there. Anyway, I thought part of the hype with Ruroc is that you had a nice wide FoV? Obviously I donā€™t own one but do you not?

@brenternet Same with most if not all motorcycle helmets? The certified ones that you want are usually the one where you donā€™t generally have a nice FoV.

Are the helmets posted higher up have better sights? And I assume TSG has both good FoV and safety requirements met?

1 Like

I just recently got a ruroc for the reason that I also ski alot and it was time for a new helmet. So the rucroc seemed like a good option for me at the time.

Is it still good? Should i get a real helmet?

1 Like

If you expect the protection of a full face helmet designed for impacts at moderate to high speeds then yes you should look into getting another helmet for esk8. If you donā€™t mind headaches, concussions and obstructed peripheral vision stick with what you have!

1 Like

I was considering getting one too. I smacked my noggin really bad last time I went boarding so I need a new one anyways.

Last season I saw a snowboarder with a black ruroc and my god that was one sexy helmet. This is before they kinda blew up on this forum so it was the first time Iā€™d seen one. Rode the lift with the guy, he was chill

2 Likes

I love those motorcycle helmets that have clear main visors and a tinted one that slides down. The thing I hate about Ruroc is the snow goggles. Pain to take off with gloves on.

2 Likes

No the field of view is not good towards the road looking down. You will actually need to tilt your head downwards to get a good look at your feet. I definitely had to get use to that. From left to right Iā€™d say the fov is pretty good.

The tsg however has excellent fov from both top to bottom and left to right. Iā€™m not sure though if Iā€™d use it for snowboarding. It seems to fog up up a little at least when you just put it on. I didnā€™t have this when it was warmer.

I want this guy. Fox proframe.

https://www.foxracing.com/proframe-wide-open-helmet/23406.html?dwvar_23406_color=179&dwvar_23406_size=S&cgid=mtb-mens-helmets-proframe#start=1

4 Likes

My son rocks a mtb helmet. They are great if you donā€™t mind the wind drag, perfect for summer.

2 Likes

The up and down vision isnā€™t great on the Rurocs is what youā€™re saying?

It doesnā€™t look enough like stormtrooper.

5 Likes

Saftey doesnt matter as long as u look like a storm trooper

5 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before I know somewhere but have to agree wholeheartedly with @chaka The skate helmets are not enough and a lot are not even certified for road use. I use a certified harsh bike helmet with an open face when commuting or shopping trips when Iā€™m in traffic and taking it easy as I prefer the view to be completely unobstructed. Drivers here are special trust me so you need eyes up your arse. I use my full face shoie carbon bike lid when being a speed demon. 25 years ago I went head first into a car at 50 mph and never even had a headache. Split my lower vertebrae though but my head was fine. A good motorcycle or certified downhill mtb helmet is what you need for +40mph.

5 Likes

I agree I donā€™t want to wake up in an ambulance again.

20181128_041007

Thatā€™s my helmet if you guys have not seen it on Reddit yet lol

15 Likes

Holy shit Dude. Lucky you.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny I was upset to get a scratch on my helmet a few weeks before hand now Iā€™m happy to be alive.

Help me decide which color TSG to get. I had red before.

3 Likes