So Cal Performance Day

I run dual motor, 50 amp each, on 12s. No problems. I know it’s not rated for that, but the worst thing that happens is the switch blows and I’m out 5 dollars lol.

And so far, over the course of a year, that has yet to happen.

3 Likes

Yup, Gt2b for us as well. I guess it’s possible but not likely. What I suggest is we do an all stand beside radio check. Every one and all boards on. One at a time 10’ wide open throttle then full brake stop. Any other board twitches hopefully we can find it. Best to be part of a pit meeting. Glad you brought it up.

3 Likes

Are you running that 100A at 12S on a board like your name would suggest “Penny Board”? :fearful::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha no I’m not that crazy. My penny board build is currently in pieces while I upgrade it to 10s. I have gone 25mph on it though while running it on 8s. Scariest 30 seconds of my life :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I like to throw @psychotiller favorite saying around…

pictures or didn’t happen hahah

2 Likes

Great Day today Boys!!! Can’t wait to get all of the video footage, photos and feedback on this thread!

We have big things happening on the horizon. Let’s do it again this month.

10 Likes

That was a blast today. Some really fast boards and times. PM me if you have video to share and I’ll send a link to the google drive I’m using to pull all of the footage together.

3 Likes

wondering why the air tire would get better grip than a pu wheel. could it have just been the trucks with the air wheels were looser or you could lean into it more or something? now I want to try that course.

You’re only as good as your contact patch. The air in the tire or the trucks were not the factor. Rubber grips better then PU, that was the factor here.

1 Like

Rubber tires are way grippier than urethane. The trick is finding low rolling resistance with rubber that is comparable to urethane.

2 Likes

Oh! and shout out to will?! He did a wheelie on my 8s 6" pneumatic board off the start line with no bindings and no tail.

4 Likes

Wait til we get you on the dirt trails!

1 Like

Shout out to everyone who let me try their boards today. It gave me some great ideas for the direction I want to take future builds, and it was great to experience the best of the best the community can build. I can only wait to see what types of crazy set-ups people will bring to future events!!

5 Likes

Try 'em on trails first and let me know what you think then.

2 Likes

Haha thanks man, guess all that protective gear made me feel invincible

2 Likes

Today was the most fun Ive had since I started esk8ing. We had a great group of guys out there! We saw a ton of different styles and approaches today and we all learned a ton. There were definately some mean machines out there! I cant wait to see what everyone will bring to future events!

Speaking of which, let’s keep this momentum going and start planning our next meet up! My brothers been talking with our local kart track to see if we can set up a day for us to use their track for an hour or two. Would you guys be intetested in that for a future event? And how about a group ride in the meantime? I know a few ideas were thrown out there today( trails in the OC, San Gabrial river, some spot in the Santa Clarita, San Fernando valley area, etc).

Special thanks to @NummThumz, for putting in all that work today timing us and meauring speeds. You’re awesome bro!

And another special thanks to @ChrisChaput and @pennyboard for trying their hands jockeying my beast!

@MoeStooge, thanks! The friendly competition really added to the excitement today. I’ll have to think hard about what to do for next time cuz I know you’re gonna bring the heat! But I think you must have missed my last figure 8 run just above 49 secs! :sunglasses:. Your top speed was untouchable though, Im not even sure Id want to go that fast if I could! :joy:. Also here’s a link to a live video from yesterday of my 300lb gorilla self beating your 10.2sec 100m run from today with a sub 9 sec pass. :wink:. Who knows what it would do with normal weight jocky! I cant wait until the next spur gear vs hubs showdown!

6 Likes

Hey guys

Send nudes !

3 Likes

I cant wait for @NummThumz to have time to edit and post the footage. It should be a real treat for everyone who missed out on the meet today!

3 Likes

Alright I guess! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Pulling down the footage to my hard drive as I type this. Love the idea of planning some new events in the near future. We could shoot for 1 event per month or so. The kart tracks sounds like a great idea. Does the track have walls or runoff into the grass/sand?

4 Likes