So Cal Performance Day

No walls, just dirt if you run off the course.

3 Likes

Lovin all the “Stooge” mobile’s. I want one!

It doesn’t look like you got off the line as fast Moe, Big boy’s 12s 4wd v your 2wd 8s might have something to do with it? But you look to achieve more velocity :sunglasses:

1 Like

Moe definitely won top speed and had more to give if we had a longer run up and shutdown.

4 Likes

@MoeStooge I think you should go after the 59mph world record!

3 Likes

I think I’m going to need to be like Sheldon for the next SPD so I don’t miss out!

oh & Go Moe! Go Moe! Go Moe!

4 Likes

That could be arranged. Though your throttle control may lag a bit. Better get a helmet for your monitor.

3 Likes

If you go any faster we really are gonna need some medical professionals standing by at our events. I think we might already be starting to push the limit of acceleration and and speed we can handle standing up lol. The spill I took at 40mph the night before was no fun (video to come) :fearful:. Im probably still down though, just saying lol.

4 Likes

I guess we might as well have a guiness record keeper there next to the EMT’s though while we are at it!

3 Likes

My wife got a world record for a human powered vehicle that she built in college. I can check with her to see what the process was for arranging that. They probably have details on the guineas site as well. Does anyone know what the official record is?

2 Likes

Speaking of EMTs…anyone else sore today? Man that was more of a workout than I realized. :sweat:

2 Likes

Official world record is 59.55mph. Video and details on the board here. This is within reach based on what I saw Sunday.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2016/2/video-watch-thrill-seeker-mischo-erban-hit-95-83-km-h-on-an-electric-skateboard-418726

2 Likes

And straight from Guinness:

FAQs: Making an Application

How do I apply to set or break a record? Register for an account You will receive an email with an activation link. Click on the link, and you will be brought to a dashboard page. Click on the green ‘Apply for a record’ button. Search for the record that you want to break. When you find the record, click the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you cannot find the record you can apply for a new one by clicking ‘Apply for a new record title’ at the bottom of the page. Complete the application form. Once you have submitted your Standard Application, our dedicated Records Management Team at Guinness World Records HQ will review the application. If you have applied for an existing title, or for a new title that we find acceptable, we will make the Record Guidelines available to you via your online account, as well as the Guide to Your Evidence. This outlines the evidence you need to submit in order for Guinness World Records to assess the outcome of your record title attempt. This document will also include printable templates of documents to submit to us.

Visit our Guide to Evidence page to get an idea of the evidence you need to provide as part of your record attempt.

All evidence must be submitted online. You can upload your evidence by logging into your account. Please do not send evidence to Guinness World Records by post as all file types are accepted online.

After this, our expert Records Management Team will assess your evidence. If your attempt is verified as successful, you will be eligible for one complimentary Official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Record-Holder Certificate to confirm your record-holder status!

Unfortunately we are unable to respond to letters, so please make an application online or check our contact page.

Please do not send us evidence before submitting an application and receiving your guidelines, as we will not be able to process it.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/contact/application-enquiry

3 Likes

i made it through security at LAX! Customs in Barcelona will be the real test. Got pre-approval from British Airways for my flight from Barca to London, getting through security in London will be an adventure as well. I was just super chill with them and offered to field any questions they had about any of the components. Took about 20 minutes of wiping down my suitcase to get the okay

5 Likes

awesome! that’s great to hear!

1 Like

Lol you guys are crazy… 40mph spill @BigBoyToys

You guys are epic… High speed testing is here!

Stay safe though! Would be tragic for anyone to get “really hurt”.

4 Likes

Yeah, that 30 mph fall on @psychotiller’s board I took on my first run has got my shoulder aching, but hey, it’s no fun if there’s no risk right?

Yeah I second this, yesterday was pretty much the first time I’ve worn any protective gear while riding and I see now how lucky I am not to have been seriously hurt up to this point.

3 Likes

I was able to review the video and here are the results as best I can tell. Some of the video on the figure 8 was out of focus due to people walking in front of the camera. Next time, I will have a better idea of where to set up. I should have at least one clear run of most people. I think I got the names right, but lots of people were switching jackets, so I may have mixed someone up. Once the video is ready, you’ll have a chance to correct any of the ones that I got wrong.

Top Speed Test Moe- 72 kph (44.7 mph) Ian (Artie’s board)- 55 kph (34.2 mph) Will (Psychotiller’s board)- 53 kph (32.9 mph) Derek- 52 kph (32.3 mph)

50M Dash Chris (Derek’s board)- 5.50 sec Ian- 5.97 sec Derek- 6.09 sec

Figure 8 Time Attack (2 cones 20m apart; Start finish 5m behind first cone) Derek- 49.19 sec Moe- 50.63 Chris- 52.65 Matt- 57.4 Ian- 58.97 Will (Psychotiller’s board)- 60.15

100m Ian- 10.22 sec @ 54 kph (33.6 mph)

8 Likes

Too awesome! Can not wait to see the video :grin:

2 Likes

I think an awd like @BigBoyToys but with pneumatic wheels would be the ultimate set-up, cause right now that board is limited only by traction and rider ability, and pneumatics would solve the traction problem and make it more stable for the rider as well.

2 Likes

My trampa uses 10mm axles so that helps a little. I was impressed with the trampa wheel hubs though. I side loaded those bad boys like crazy with no ill effect.

1 Like