Show us your workshop!

just perfect :stuck_out_tongue: Enjoy!

The shelf being firmly buttressed both directions, but yes vibration is bad for 3d

Didn’t want you guys to miss the fun of my wife’s workshop(s). I do get to use her tools often so I can’t complain too much. 20181214_110907 20181214_111238 20181214_111536 20181214_110935 20181214_111017

Believe it or not this is the leftovers from craft season. My home is coated in glitter and vinyl.

6 Likes

Sounds like a strip club :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Won’t make a difference bud. Look at my desk above… Made out of 2 X 4’s on a concrete floor and proper solid… Frame fixed to the wall in 4 places it will not move and yet the printer still vibrates. A shelf would be a disaster

Isolation feet help

Try a concrete slab underneath the printer and an isolation mat between and slow it down

Nice Ultimaker!

3 Likes

Cheers dude, it’s a good machine - can’t pretend I am very happy with it for the price it costs tbh but it works well

1 Like

It’s so overengineered

Nothing wrong with that Moon… What I have a problem with is the whole “Ultimaker eco system” as in you buy our printer, our filiment and use our slicer and everything just works.

Reality - you get intrusive messages about upgrading the slicer software and when you do it’s a buggy mess that destroys your projects because they needed to rush the firmware out to fix other issues in the last firmware.

I mean if you are gonna put VW’s logo on your site and claim to be providing kit to top rate businesses I am sure you have to have solid products.

There are other problems but in general it produces some lovely prints! ABS and Nylon are very easy to print with so its ideal for this hobby

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t like the way the filament insertion is automatic since it works half the time

And the interface sucks on the ultimaker 2

And the time left on the print is inaccurate lol

Ohhhhh shit boys!

4 Likes

I haven’t had any issues with that but I have had the PVA snap and get stuck in the Bowden tube which was not fun at all

1 Like

Hahahantispark :rofl:

The shame… sent this morning. That was a low blow, I’m done for the night everyone, see you tomorrow :frowning:

1 Like

Gotta make do when you live in a 1bd in an expensive city… IMG_4397 IMG_4290

20 Likes

Thanks bud!

I’ll buy you a beer in spring to say sorry, how’s that?

You’re dead to me Lee.

1 Like

That shit is no joke. It almost killed me, 14 surgeries and my femur hollowed out twice later, I’m still riding!

2 Likes

I’m glad you say that after you posted it :rofl:

So you’re still colonized then! You just became very interesting to me. Where might you live?