Should I sell my Raptor? Keeps breaking belts

Send video to Enertion support and they will send you new pulleys ASAP.

As for the Rocks theres not much you can do there, but try covers if you can get one made for the Raptor.

For sure you are riding in peppered rocky ares. Hate those little rocks and your motors are all dinted now.

I watched the video & im Happy to replace them. Just fix me up with the postage http://www.enertionboards.com/how-to-build-eboard/postage-charge/

However I couldn’t really see a major deformity there. Maybe a slight wobble but it could happen as the bearing might me slightly out of alignment, same can happen with a wheel if it only had one bearing. Also you mention the fault occurred after you removed the parts to respray the hanger? There is a chance the bearing needs to be reseated.

Anyway. I’ll send you some extra belts too. Just write a note saying what you need.

They are not 3d printed. They are injection molded into a CNC’d alloy mold.

Sorry, my mistake then. Though strictly speaking, 3D printing is a form on injection molding, just without the form. And before the flaming starts that was ‘tongue in cheek.’ Did want to point out though that it is a cheap and easy way to test something. I got two wheel gears knocked up for my dual and I must say they run perfectly true as the fit into the wheel is perfect. I was pleasantly surprised how good they are and how they are holding up. Obviously if you are going to replace them the OP has no need to try.

While I’m fairly certain having imbalanced wheel pulleys was adding to the reason I was breaking belts, I’d like to wrap up this thread:

I’m confident that the absurd amount of tiny rocks where I live are what were breaking my belts. I believe this was only accentuated by the imbalanced wheel pulleys. A belt cover or smoother roads would fix the issue.

Thanks for all the feedback, people! Love this board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I usually get a rock stuck in the pulley every 1-2 rides. I just check after every ride and pry out any rocks stuck in the pulley. Can’t say they’ve broken my belts though. Though I have broken 2 belts so far.

Same here with my rig. Little Rocks every few ride stuck up in the teeth like little pieces of corn. I’d also like to add that the video showing the wheel pulleys looks like what I eperienced on my Enertion pulley. Try reseating them by loading them onto to the wheel and gently leaning on the wheel when in situ on the truck. It seemed to straighten mine back into place.

I hit tons of gravel when I ride too. Real killer for me has been new asphalt since it’s so sticky, it gets right in the gear teeth and pops the belt - I’ve went through 3 belts in the first month but now my current belt has lasted since late September. The enertion drive system can be really finicky to get right.