Selkie: HAYA deck • Hummie hubs • 13S • Proton +++

Thanks will check those out

hey can you post the STL for that riser?

Soon comrade soon

1 Like

Trying a nibble image image

3 Likes

Well I got the 35deg baseplate fitted, with the 6 degree wedge. Wheelbite it’s not an issue but just about makes a grab on an extreme test. Need to think about either a thin 5mm riser or increasing the angle, maybe a step too far image image

4 Likes

You could flip the hanger in the Paris baseplate but the wires might not be well placed

This has got to be the most involved build. You’re doing so much.

3 Likes

I tried the flip for sure but it’s like you say wires in quite an exposed position

I’m trying to make a stable ‘Super Leggera’

1 Like

The rear hub to come off again, looking at either dewedging 3deg with the Rayne bamboo angle or a 7mm flat hard plastic riser from Independent, as luck would have it the last bolt decided to seize and even round the nut, so it will be punished, but not by the Dremel which can’t reach but the old fashioned wayimage

With the Rayne it’s 146/144mm deck height rear/front. Have to try the flat

1 Like

Why is the hub falling off exactly?

I’ve had so much trouble with galling with S/S bolts and nuts… Feels like 20% seize when removing, and have to cut them off. A dab of oil when installing seems to help a bit.

I use one of these as the executioner

Because of the frequency of the problem I’ve considered switching to normal non-rust-proof steel for either the nut or the bolt or both.

1 Like

I’ve hankered over one of them, that’s cool

2 Likes

It’s not 10 chars

1 Like

Ah, read it wrong

A permanently surprised Selkieimage image

16 Likes

Just realized image

9 Likes

10 Likes

Heh Here’s wall-e

2 Likes

Thanks @bevilacqua the balance pcb arrived , at the same time as a Daly 13s bms, which to use not sure, but I want to test the Daly to make sure it’s ok and no extra soldering!

You saw the bugeyes and not much else has happened, I can get going again mid-next week

1 Like

oh, it took a while to cross the pond… glad it has arrived :smile:

1 Like

I went down a 3D printing rabbit hole, out the other side now just aboutimage

6 Likes