Running a $200 2028 motor on 44.4v?

I feel like you need to keep up with the flow of traffic at times, which can be 35 - 40 mph. Of course, it depends on the roads. If I’m going to do 35+ mph on a road, I always scope it out first and do a few passes at 25 or so mph. I have a route to my university that I have done at least 300 times now. I know the road conditions anywhere on that route by photographic memory. I know exactly where the roads are good and where they go down in quality. I’d imagine you’d do the same with downhill long boarding. You’d be crazy to blindly do 35+ mph with out knowing the road conditions. If you can rule that potential issue out, and you are very stable at doing 25 mph, going up to 35 mph is not too far. Once 35 mph feels slow, you work your way up to 40 mph and so on. I’m up to 30 mph constantly comfortable now, peaks around 35-40 mph at times. I hope to get to the 35-40 mph range constant.

1 Like

Where did you get that gear from and how did you mount the other gear on the speed vent, and if I run both those on my 190kv 24s setup what kinda speeds am I looking at

I had the wheelhub CnC’d and then I made the 32t pulley using cast resin and a silicone mold. It was expensive and too complicated to make more than one set up. Mind if I ask how you are going to run 24s on a longboard? That would be 100v. Not sure I’ve seen an outrunner that can handle that kind of voltage that would fit on a board.

Data says you’d be capable of 106mph. That is on paper though. Wind and aerodynamics would make that number impossible. Also, I know from experience that the speedvents weren’t that durable. Mine had pieces flying off of them at one point.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=57386

thats the castle creations mamba monster. i use those for my 15 lb. battle bots weapon.you will go stupid fast if you can get it to start. it also takes over 200 amps at max stall and has 2,200 kv and runs up to a 6s. ya i have puffed some battery’s with this one.