Running a $200 2028 motor on 44.4v?

I had all 4 batterya at 13v so idk how it did it

stay with that 190kv motor and supply it with 12s. Slap a 16t pulley on the motor and a 32t on your 97fly. After that put 3 helmets and a spacesuit on and rocket at 45mph through the streets :monkey:

and of course provide us with a video :smiley:

for sience!

But first of all watch @RunPlayBack s “Session Error”

1 Like

do you have a link for that motor?

Yeah i know what you mean my setup goes about 35mph and it doesn’t feel terribly fast but I don’t trust my electronics to go faster like the motor could lock up or you can have a remote failure and you just have to much momentum to stop and idk how to slide just foot stop. You shouldn’t charge past 4.2 volts per cell or you’ll very likely burn your battery or even your house down if you’re unlucky. If you have single motor I think dual motors will give you a adrenaline rush you might be after I can barely stay on my board. And if you still decide to go faster with dual(change motor pulleys), you’ll still have a lot of torque to back it up

That’s probably what I’m gonna do I have my motor mount welded to Paris trucks and it’s kinda sketchy bc they get wobbles any tips to avoid that (the time I smashed on it the hanger cups where super destroyed so it wobbled way easier but I already fixed it)

1 Like

That’s where I found that motor from

We use the castle 2028 in our large scale rc boats. They pull huge amps. The esc’s we use are Swordfish 240 amp pro plus’s with data logging. The power is disgusting. :astonished: I think it’s 10hp. It can drain 10s 5000mah battery in about 4-5minutes. Boats are a different story though with the drag on the water. There must be way more efficient higher kv outrunners capable of giving you what you want. At those speeds it becomes very hard to walk away if you eat it.

1 Like

I think you guys are making this harder than it needs to be tbh. With my carvon v2’s, I have hit 38 mph with way more throttle room left.

My no load speed with 97mm wheels at 12s is 75 mph, and 63 mph at 85% efficiency, and 53 mph at 70% efficiency.

Those speeds are insane, but really, that’s all you need to do if you want high speeds. This guy who used this long motor did so in a time when hubs and vescs did not exist. He was using standard rc technology. But we have better stuff now. I wouldn’t trust my life at those speeds with an rc esc…

1 Like

That motor at 800kv is so high that regardless of what voltage ur running the amount of amps necessary to get the torque/inductance you need it will shut down the vesc very quickly. Even on22 volts you’ll still need like a 200amp esc.

Pure Suicide.

the esk8 speed record is just below 60 (59.somethiin) So i really doubt youre going to make it there on a commuter board.

you have to remember esk8 is not an efficient form of flying :upside_down: just going from 20mph to 30mph takes almost twice the power, to get past 40 you’ll need more than just a bigger motor, you’ll need bigger everything!

40 is too fast already, keep what you have. 190kv on 12s is about the fastest a vesc can handle, maybe get 97 or 107mm wheels if you really want more speed.

I mean I already got to 40 I’m pretty sure and I got bigger wheels and ordered bigger motor gear so I’m pretty sure I can hit 50+

He set every esc he tried on fire. He also had to push up to about 12mph or stay on a downhill. This is a horrible motor choice. You could hit 50-60mph on 8s with a 300kv motor and proper gearing without all of the fires. By the way, he was running 8s with the castle xl2 esc not 12v.

The XL2 esc by castle can handle 150a continuous and 200a burst. You wouldn’t even need to desolder your drv chip at those Amps. It would be gone. Both hubs (carvon) and VESC’s (vedder) existed during Jays attempts at the speed record. He wasn’t interested in trying anything else though. I offered to let him try a board that I had with a 290kv motor and an XL2 but he never responded. Funny thing is, that board was faster than his.

You guys are crazy. I’d never go over 20-25mph even with gear. Good luck, but stay safe.

Was that board that was faster use hub motors or a belt drive?

I think having a background in downhill racing makes high speeds seem much slower and not as crazy, I’ve road the biggest hills in my town hit 45 and still wanted more

Nah probably 35mph

Belt drive. Believe it had 18/32 pulleys and seizmic speedvent wheels.