Raptor 2 truck angle

What’s the angle on the raptor 2 trucks?

I want to say 45, but this is guessing from vague memory to only test myself. Someone knows the answer with confidence I’m sure…

Better question, what bushings are good? Used my normal double barrel setup and it was like riding a plank of wood. Can’t turn.

1 Like

@onloop, can you help clarify some questions on Raptor trucks? Specifically the angles of the trucks plus the stock bushing height and diameter? I understand from a customer in Singapore that you have recently redesigned the trucks and the old base plates take a different pivot cup compared to the new one but the hangers in interchangable. As an aftermarket supplier, you can imagine the issues this causes RipTide when people come to us for aftermarket replacements. Can you help with bushing and pivot dimensions or let us know if other popular pivots we make will fit them like Caliber or Paris, etc? Also is there an easy way for Enertion customers to determine which trucks thay have? Is it simply Raptor 1 vs 2?

3 Likes

Can’t help you on dimensions but it’s generally Raptor 2 trucks vs Raptor 2.1

Imo the Raptor 2 had way higher quality trucks I guess you have to make up lost money somewhere.

Not really the 2.0 replacements I got had different Baseplates than before. Worse finishing, loose pivot cup due to larger pivot hole. Also the kingpin wobbles but the previous version also did. image

The newer one is on the TOP

I do agree that the quality of the old hangers look way better than the new ones though, the new ones look like some of that cheap wowgo stuff

1 Like

Any updates? Been riding my Raptor daily and it while it’s great In straight lines I’m hoping to get it to turn and carve better.

What kinds of bushings? Hard to tell.

@onloop or @CarlCollins, any input on these questions? Would be great to know for my raptor

I’ll try to answer this to the best of my ability. The bushing is 90a, approx 1 inch in diameter or 25mm, about 16mm tall. The pivot cup for the CNC baseplate (CNC has a glossier finish) has a different measurement then the Cast baseplate which is a bit more matte. I’d be happy to send you a sample of each pivot cup for youre measuring. I can also send you our bushing.

Yes there are only 2 different trucks. Raptor 1 which was essentially a Caliber truck and Raptor 2 which is of our own design. Raptor 2 base plates are 50 Degrees

6 Likes

Thanks Bara! Also thanks for sorting out my board, been riding it hard through the cold NYC days.

1 Like

OK, sorry this has been so difficult but the bushings are close to our standard Canon shape and from what i have seen about he depth of the seat, cones may be the only other shape that will fit. With a restrictive bushing seat, a 90a can feel like a 92.5 to 95a due to the side loading of the seat itself so if the durometer of the stock bushing is known and you want more turn either reduce the size of the bushing (cone), use flat washers in place of cups or reduce the durometer of the bushings. I realize these are guidelines, not a specific recommendation.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Brad!

So if I’m reading this correctly, I’d need to try out the canons or the cones.

For me being heavier than the average rider (260 lbs) what duro would you recommend?

1 Like

@Itsmedant what issues are you having with your setup?

Right now its speed wobbles. I can get up to about the 15 mph range perfectly, but anything over that it almost feels like my bushings turned into marshmallows.

In turns my inside turns feel really restricted as well, but it may be cause I tightened them a bit too much to knock out the wobbles. Which is what leads me to believe that a better bushing may solve the problem.

Weird I had someone much lighter than me say the same thing on my Raptor 2 but I run it full speed with out wobbles.

You want wobbles try an evolve. Lol

2 Likes

Alright, just ordered some KranK 90a Canons and some flat washers. I’ll report back on this thread how it goes.

OK, pick up 2 pair of 96a KranK Canons and 1 pair of KranK 96a Cones and a package of small flat washers then you will have several combinations to work with:

Canon / Canon front and back Canon / Cone front and back Cone / Cone front and Canon / Canon rear Cone / Canon front, Canon / Canon back Further tuning with cups and flats plus other combinations that work using the Cone boardside and the Canon roadside up front

Those double kingpins are scary sensitive

2 Likes

@thiswasandy If you are looking for a more carvey setup than the stock 90a you might want to go down in shape or durometer so I suggest 87a KranK. Let me know if you want me to change the order