Are those Shredlights?

12 Likes

Yes they are Shredlights

I brought a pair of shred light just incase #chuffedï»ż #intransit

48 HOUR EOFY YEAR SALE

CRAZY BULK PRICE ON RAPTOR 2

>>SAVE $1200USD<< HURRY LIMITED OFFER

3 Likes

I made some headlights of my own (I couldn’t find shredlights though I’d seen them before so just designed and 3d printed my own)

They’ve been working well and some guy stopped me the other night to thank me for having lights
 sorta weird but makes sense, older guy probably has a hard time seeing people and was happy to see someone not being a moron. My case above was designed to have a little switch, USB charge circuit and PCB with LEDs on it mounted in there (ideally was trying to design it so it could be 1 PCB which is possible but trying to get the price to be at least competitive with shred lights and still make some sort of profit). The LiPo cells and recharge IC from linear technologies and the plastic parts are all what costs money, 90Degree diffuse SMT LEDs and other components are pretty cheap but think it worked out to about $20 to make them still which basically means I need to charge at least shredlights prices to make anything at all. Anyhow if you’ve got the knowhow and equipment you also have the model (otherwise ya know just buy some shred lights :slight_smile: )

Why the sale?

Marketing.

And to a lesser extent EOFY (end of fiscal year). It puts more sales on the current year’s books to help offset debt and potentially show profit.

What is this “Australia Only GST TAX €288.50” that comes on top of this? How about European Import Taxes? How about paying with Paypal?

It’s not there for me after entering a non-Australian address.

Re tax, Jason said Enertion will pay import duties, but this is not VAT (for Europe), which you might have to pay yourself when it goes through customs in your respective country.

Just to let u know Enertion has a 48h sale 1099 usd for 3 boards no split shipping

any one in ireland up for this

1 Like

3 boards, theres only 3 eboards in all if Ireland if theres any one in ireland up for a group buy im in

2 Likes

You are better off starting a separate post for that. Enertion will send each board separately as far as I remember, so they don’t even need to be in the same country.

Wonder how this board will handle uphill with a fairly heavy rider (95kg all up). Will it be crappy like inboard or more like evolve Carbon Gt killing it?

1 Like

Nah
 It is more like Killing a Carbon GT, living it in the dust
 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

wrong, according to @onloop 's instagram comment, this deal will only be shipped to one address.

Are you sure? I keep noticing that in his videos he does a push start since it lacks the torque that a motor that is geared down has. Would love to see some hill videos and some starts from a dead stop.

1 Like

Didn’t you see the video of the raptor 2 pulling a truck? I think torque won’t be a problem.

1 Like

BTW Moja isn’t the only one with a Raptor2 :wink:

https://www.instagram.com/johnnymeduse/

1 Like

Yeh. Marketing stuff
 hope we can see some real life users showing start torque in everyday use and steep hill climbing without hitting the hill at 45km/h. Not saying it isn’t great here I just want to see it before I put money down as I don’t want to be dissapointed again like with the Inboard. Hope I can build a belt driven one myself tho but still trying to wrap my head around all this stuff.

I kinda lost a bit of faith with hubs after the Inboard ^^

Hi Johnny, what’s the maintenance on the raptor 2? Needs to be tuned every now and then like belts?