RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Will the R2 take a truck mounted rear light or will the heat from the truck/heat sink damage the light??

This is what shredlights sent me

3 Likes

Hey man I just watched the update video and DO NOT send a board to Casey Neistat, that man is a sell out and will find a way to shit on the R2 regardless of how good it is.

Do not care about the marketing opportunity, if he is a true eBoard enthusiast he would have heard about it by now and has the money to buy it if he would want which is unlikely seeing how far boosted is up his rectum.

5 Likes

That mount is crap. I had 3 sets and they all broke from the vibrations

Well that stinks! :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™d try and one to unbox therapy. A) he had done some esk8s recently and b) he gets enthusiastic about everything

1 Like

Do we have any update on the shipments Jason? Lots of updates, but nothing on shipping in over a weekā€¦

Curious what light youā€™re looking at just made one on thingiverse for my own board that sits between the trucks and board but didnā€™t see any retail options really for skateboards that were designed the same way (I have seen ones with the lights hanging off the side since I donā€™t mind the big risers I just put the battery switch charge circuit and LEDs inside the little case). My guess is the heat wonā€™t really be a problem for the LED circuitry most of the stuff is rated to deal with pretty high temperatures (non operational higher than operational but still high operational temperatures) I imagine so long as it has a plastic case there will be enough heat dissipation around it and it wonā€™t transfer heat that well off the truck into the light case so should in all likelihood be fine.

Since I have a built in lipo in mine thatā€™d be the only real concern but mostly just that it will degrade the life of the battery I doubt if it would be warm enough to cause it to explode or harm any of the rest of the solid state electronics.

1 Like

Agreeā€¦ keep well away from that hipster douchebag.

http://www.samjadelaide.com/blog/why-sending-electric-skateboards-to-casey-neistat-is-stupid

6 Likes

What happened to the actual updates? Would be interested in hearing when the assembly line is planned to go into full swing with the projected units built per day, since this is when orders will finally start being completed and sent off for those that werenā€™t in the lucky 20.

More or less just interested in forecast estimate. I understand that allot of it is dependent on whether your suppliers meet the promised delivery dates, including if the parts pass the QC.

Sure technically Adrianenertion mentioned that you will try getting out some small shipments by the end of June and the rest by end of July, but its lacking details. Are these small shipments the original 30 or the revised 20?

6 Likes

In the last live video Jason said in July everyone should get their board, so I guess early July the full production will start.

Yea, any idea when the 20 are shipping? I just finished exams :smiley:

Same, was kinda hoping it would arrive by end of june as that would be the best timing :frowning:

1 Like

So would everyone I think, summer is here now, wanna go riding outside but I rather wait 4 more weeks and have a quality product

1 Like

I am in the first 20 (order number 8085), and I still havenā€™t received a tracking numberā€¦wondering what is going on.

Canā€™t speak for enertion, but Jason posted updates on the YouTube channel 5 days ago https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFugBVZgaQ5fCp-kLmyWq1A based on his general demeanor Iā€™d guess thereā€™s still some small hold ups in getting everything made but they did get the first production board assembled in the video (in China) so my guess is in a few weeks orders will probably start being fulfilled (again no insider info just speculating).

I unfortunately havenā€™t had the cash flow to buy much from enertion yet but the company (Jason) has been super helpful and informative for the DIYers out there like me so I watch the videos still (hopefully can eventually throw him some cash too).

They are sending those at the end of this month. What happened was that 6 in those first 20 didnā€™t pass the QC, but we havenā€™t heard anything since then. Not going to make assumptions myself rather hear an update from Jason or an Enertion staff member tbh.

2 Likes

Its making me nervous how quite things are. On the up side the next update might be ā€œthe first xx have shipped and the production line is making 20/weekā€ On the downside it might be ā€œmore problem see you in Octoberā€ . I just want to skate; things should be moving if the factory is working

2 Likes

I really, really, really hope itā€™s the former. However, Iā€™m in the first 20, and havenā€™t received anything (board or shipping notification/tracking number). At this point I just want an update.

2 Likes