Raptor 2 hub or TB Direct Drive(DD) or SwissBoards DD

DSC04532 DSC04534 DSC04533 DSC04536 DSC04535

12 Likes

Visually Looks like the copper fill on this motor is slightly better than the silver ones? I do like that they made the bearings smaller because these large ones were so close to the ground they attract dirt and water like crazy

1 Like

I think so. Itā€™s quite messy tho and loose at the top. That could be because if you look closely a screw has hit the end of the windings damaging the windings.

Imo the bearings are great. I like them big since it will split the force over a larger area and last longer. Iā€™ve replaced mine with ZZ seals so they seal better than the stock with low friction seal.

1 Like

Good pictures :joy:

Usually people find a rubber seal, like 2rs, is more protecting than the double sided shield ZZ.

Some of the bigger bearings are weaker (seemingly carvon). If itā€™s not at least 7mm wide I bet itā€™s weaker than a skate 608.

Maybe the motor suffer from the vibrations of those many loose thin wires eventually rubbing off their insulation and shorting.

Oh Sorry i ment 2rs. Zz is steel i think :stuck_out_tongue:

So @onloop where are we on this DIY community cooling hangars? Can we develop better stuff than you or are we locked at using stock hangers? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if I misunderstandā€¦ Was there anything wrong with them?

No they were good

2 Likes

7 Likes

@Minim itā€™s up to you, you can do experiments with the products at your own risk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think hes referring to the legal bit of it :rofl:

4 Likes

If anything is used as DIY, there is always some limitations to the usage! But who cares about it :stuck_out_tongue: (if you just ignore the support :stuck_out_tongue:)

@onloop answer the question please, I dont want to waste Carlā€™s time.

There has to be something to do with people who ignore legal inquiries

4 Likes

now_2_1024x1024

2 Likes

I believe it shouldnā€™t be a problem since they are not using this ā€œtechnologyā€ anymore, now is liquid chilly. Iā€™m in!!

I suppose your company does since patent application? BTW remember guys that it is not valid in EU :kissing_heart:

So at least EU builders (DIY or commercial) you can build and experiment safely with this type of technology without legal worries.

IMHO you should just focus on bringing better and better products and creations, thatā€™s what this community lives for.

2 Likes

Maybe make a 3d printed cover that goes over the trucks?

They wonā€™t be able to proof anything!

All jokes aside. A clear answer is still missing. Can we make and share mods without legal problems?

Isnā€™t having community mods a great thing for a brand? Show some support to this crazy mods Enertion!

2 Likes

It would be sad if a company comming from DIY to kill it ^^ Guess itā€™s tricky to give a straight up answer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Once upon a time.

1 Like