Raptor 2 hub or TB Direct Drive(DD) or SwissBoards DD

Haha the good old days

6 Likes

You just need to make it clear that they are for a different, niche market, unrelated to esk8. Just put a Teflon coating on them, take some pictures of them grilling some mini hot dogs /cocktail weenies after a hard ride, and market them a portable alternative to the George Foreman grill.

59e5183b3be6ee8016c3815f0e64fd90

98d5d4e10495207791e80bd3beae5bb0

=

IMG_20181225_135411

14 Likes

Holy shit. Nice!

2 Likes

Liquid cooling is cool, but bacon cooling is more innovative. Just sayin

8 Likes

BTW the extra wide hanger is in the picture :slight_smile:

Idkn pretty silent from @onloop about these kinda diy projects ^^

Patent the grill hanger now!

4 Likes

Hey! I like cheese!

1 Like

Hey that bbq special edition is kinda my thing!

2 Likes

O yea I mean you should patent it. Or I guess he patents it and then what, he bills you for some amount when you sell it? I canā€™t imagine he could stop you from making and selling them. I understood u have to get a patent everywhere it would be sold or something. Anoying as fuck. And Iā€™ve heard such things can cost thousands and thatā€™s before you start suing.

Iā€™m curious to what diy-community charge @onloop is going to charge. What do you think @Hummie will we ever get a official statement?

2 Likes

letā€™s say for sake of keeping it theoretical @Mobutusan got the grill truck patented but you didnā€™t care and wanted to sell them anyway, what could happen? What options? Maybe you could give him a dollar a truck. I doubt he could get you to stop selling them worldwide. Getting the grill truck patented seems reasonable as its actually a new or inovative thing but the heatsink truckā€¦every electric motor is trying to get a heatsink on it. I figured Iā€™d just add a lot of aluminum mass but after seeing yours I like the look and would do it.
It seems impossible to find a good electrical resistor with good thermal conductivity. Next want to put the lead wires in the hanger w such a thing

4 Likes

Did anyone ever try to measure the motor temp on the old raptor motors? I got everything ready here but Iā€™m not sure where to fit the sensor. Would it be best to glue it on the windings directly or are there a better place for it?

The hottest part of the windings be best i Iā€™d think. Since itā€™s all sealed anywhere onghe windings is probsbly as hot as any other part of the windings

Please take some pictures of the inside while youā€™re at it! Would love to compare the old black motors with the current silver ones

I have a broken one dissassembled here. What photos do you want? I think I took photos and measurements for another thread here but Iā€™ll do it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some close up pics and measurements would be awesome

So is the overall consensus tb direct drive ?

2 Likes

Nah, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s still belt drive.

image https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/6e/37/de6e379947b092110d3490e3d0075698.gif

The only one out now are Carvon and that Taiwanese company that was too good to be true and forgotten already. And Carvon isnā€™t really there either actually.

1 Like

Iv a set carvon xls on order for a very long time and belt drive is doing my head in with the alignment issue and failing motors or stripped belts etcā€¦

1 Like