Raptor 2 hub or TB Direct Drive(DD) or SwissBoards DD

Not sure your belts can handle that much torque?.. lol :rofl:

Slightly off topic, but why donā€™t we see much of the SkateMetric guys on the builders forum? Theyā€™re always pissing off photorph or someone on the subreddit.

But yeah, @MoeStoogeā€™s idea is pretty sweet, would love to see a manufacturer competition hill climb. Doing something like Pikes Peak to show off ridiculous innovation would be fun to watch and good for bragging rights.

4 Likes

To add to the competition, thereā€™s going to be one more dd( by @BoostedBuilder). I am looking forward to next years blackfriday already :smiley: image image

19 Likes

NICE WORK! there some big fucking through axles! Looks strong.

7 Likes

If im buying any DDā€™s. it will be @BoostedBuilder 's

2 Likes

damn. i want to ride that trail again. you should have been there!

2 Likes

Yeah, looked epic.

2 Likes

Question is will my belt break before your hubs overheat? :blush:

11 Likes

Not with heat pipes, heat sink & thermistors! ice cold :cold_face:

2 Likes

Considering belts are generally made of Kevlar Iā€™m not too worried about belt breaks

3 Likes

Run 12 to 15mm wide & should be fine, sort of depends how much you weigh too. im like 200pounds

5 Likes

what, the silver motors? :laughing:

couldnt help it :slight_smile:

the Raptor 2.1 & The R-SPEC drive kits come with this stuff.

Never buying from enertion ever again. @torqueboards all the way from now on. Canā€™t stand whinny bitch

3 Likes

In the meantime Iā€™ll be doing a video soon with the direct drives taking them directly up lookout mountain, wish I could make it out to Cali!

2 Likes

i test it for youā€¦ .@longhairedboy knowsā€¦

2 Likes

Holy shit they totally locked up on you at 30 mph? Howā€™d that fall go

From what I understand the locking happens because the extreme heat(+vibration) removes the insulation and the windings short creating a sudden braking force.

I have destroyed motors in my RC cars in similar fashion.

Anyone know of any other reason?

1 Like

image image image image image

Was on a beer run and suddenly the motor started sounding like itā€™s running on bldc mode and then locked up the next second. Luckily I was wearing quite a bit

Well at least I saved 2 beers out of the 3 during the fallā€¦

11 Likes

Well at least I saved 2 beers out of the 3 during the fallā€¦

As long as your not dead or seriously injured, this is the most important take away here.

10 Likes