Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

I’ll be looking at the design for sure, @Wajdi can you release a cad to make it easier to mod the case, it may make it a more interesting proposition if there are some good case variations ie just keep the electronics proprietary

For instance I would like to add a 5.5 charger port for a 13s HAYA build, fusion file if you can

thanks

Hello any updates on this yet? It’s 2019 I want a screen on my board haha.

4 Likes

Arizona comms sadlytumbleweed

3 Likes

Just got my display shipped!

2 Likes

Will this display work with Unity? I gues it needs a firmware update for it? @Wajdi

1 Like

When did you order it? I ordered near the end of August.

And it should work with a unity. It’s not that much different than a focbox. I’ll be getting a Unity Friday and I’ll try it as soon as my display ships.

the UART protocols are slightly different. If @Wajdi doesn’t account for it , telemetry wont work.

1 Like

August 29, like @jc06505n says it’s need a firmware fix to work

Hey guys,

I created shipping labels for all the Proton pre-orders, if you did not get your tracking number, let me know and I will send it to you. About Unity compatibility, I’m looking into the source code right now, and I will make it compatible either initially or through a firmware update once shipped.

I will also post the enclosure files so anyone can modify to their liking

IMG_1755 IMG_1756 IMG_1757

5 Likes

@Wajdi I did not get my tracking number yet

Pm your order number and I will send it to you :+1:

2 Likes

Got it , make sure you guys check spam

1 Like

Ok so kind of an odd question but I think I somewhere read that the proton has an uart splitter… If so how did you realize that? I’m working on one right now and was just wondering :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks I actually checked and it’s there in the spam I’m so excited!!

1 Like

@Mich21050 Pretty easy, just make sure that your microcontroller supports two serial ports, then you just forward commands from one port to the other in a FIFO order.

2 Likes

Picture with USB charging ports in: IMG_1758

3 Likes

Interesting project. What’s funny is that another community member is working on quite the exact same thing, but has open-sourced it: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/davega-battery-monitor-odometer-speedometer/71509

Would be cool to have a comparison between them. DAVEga is more for the DIYers I imagine, as it doesn’t have a touch screen, everything needs to be programmed first, then the unit needs software flashing.

It’s a cool project though, it’s nice to see “new” products coming out.

1 Like

Got my number thanks for releasing everything dude

Tested with the custom made 1 meter long uart cable (~ 39.37 ") with no problems! I was worried about voltage attenuation and packets loss but it worked perfectly!

1 Like

I know I’m a little late for the party but if I order right now when would I get it? :slight_smile:

1 Like