Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

I’m so excited wooo

I have ordered one of these to use on my scooter build , the question is . Will the uart still work @ 1.2m ,if i use a shielded cable

Shouldn’t be a problem. Especially if they are shielded.

Wow!! …double Wow!! :open_mouth: Amazing development @Wajdi

2 Likes

any updates?

do you have an instagram?

im going to assume these will now be for next year?

Im receiving the PCBs next week, fab just contacted me with some questions before assembly, they said I should receive them by next week, I will start shipping pre-orders right away. :+1:

3 Likes

Hey @Wajdi did you get the pcbs in yet? Presumably pre-populated and just need a f/w upload and quick test? Looking forward to them

Happy Christmas @Wajdi let’s get things rolling in 2019 tumbleweed

5 Likes

It was the same story with the photon, was to be expected :wink:

2 Likes

I’m looking to sell my preorder if anyone’s interested. Asking for $105. Shipping within US is already paid for, I’ll just ask to switch shipping address.

You could ask for a refund, I ordered in September and the website said expected to start shipping within 25 days. Well now we’re almost on January and still nothing.

I will wait for it cause I want it and I don’t mind waiting but I understand.

Yeah I’ve kind of just lost interest now that my builds been complete for a couple months without the panel, I’ll probably try to get the refund but I figured I’d give someone a chance at the early preorder price

1 Like

IMG_1670 IMG_1681 IMG_1684

Packages arrived today, fab took extra long time. I have everything ready right now, and I’m expecting the custom long UART cables to be here shortly as well. I will be packing those up and sending out orders asap. :+1:

4 Likes

Sweet can’t wait to see it

I remember reading early you we’re trying to get it to fit your Evo. did he manage to get it to fit nicely

1 Like

Awesome @moon any interest in creating cases for these like for DaveGa? These have less buttons (I think none) and seem to be of a similar screen

1 Like

Last I checked the enclosure was about 1mm wider than the deck so it will have .5mm overhang each side. Shouldn’t be too bad maybe a little sanding can fix that.

1 Like

It’s a bigger screen and it’s touch screen. It does come with an enclosure but I’m sure there will be design changes or diyers that make their own.

Yeah. , I just wish there was bug interest in custom cases like there is for Dave , but I’m hype to put this on the orca

1 Like

Just that less people will end up having this so making a special case might not be worth it

4 Likes