Prices - with or without VAT?

A lot of the example mentioned did/do not provide any information as to the inclusion of additional taxes.

That is misleading and therefore illegal in most EU countries.

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct yes

2 Likes

Yep what I meant was you donā€™t have to explicitly provide the calculation on the listing page; you do have to state ā€˜prices exclude vatā€™, but there is no specific legislation that requires the prices be listed inclusive of vat for B2C salesā€¦ just that you include it along with your VAT number (if registered) on the invoice.

1 Like

Agreed. 10 char

1 Like

Hey on the upside pretty soon all non domestic sales will be vat ex :joy:

Sorry unresistable

2 Likes

LOL!

Well maybe, I donā€™t think anyone has any idea what is actually going to happen.

Man what a complete clusterfuck this whole brexit thing has turned intoā€¦

5 Likes

Must be the last hurrah of the scrote daily mail brigade twinned with the surviving Alf Garnettā€™s & some confused blue rinsers. Basically anyone who doesnā€™t have to go out and actually make a living in this world.

Shocking it came to this, I always thought of the UK as quite swish and multicultural

Just remembered I must put in for this years EU grant & print off some :shamrock: passports busy busy

2 Likes

The problem is the people who sit in parliament may as well be a different species to the rest of us. Most of them are millionaires through inheritance, educated at private schools and have no idea what itā€™s like to be a ā€œnormal personā€. They play the system to benefit themselves and from what I can see seem to not care in the slightest about the damage they inflict.

These are not normal people, letā€™s face it you would have to have something very wrong with you to be sitting on millions and never needing to work but choosing to be a politician. I would need to be forced at gunpoint to do that job and if I was sitting on that sort of money with a phonebook full of the sort of contacts they have I would spend the limited time I have on earth in a much better way.

Not one of the politicians in this country own an electric skateboard, which tells you everything you need to know right there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I dont understand the whole VAT thing.

VAT is a sales tax, businesses who are VAT registered must charge this on top of the total of the order (including shipping) and then pay that to the government or they come round and poke you with sharp sticks and take your stuff.

Customers who are outside of the EU do not get charged VAT on their orders.

1 Like

See in the US most states have a sales tax but you can only charge the sales tax if you have a presence in the state. Thus the reason you get charged tax for a Amazon order but not for a ebay order. I think there are like 3 states that dont have a sales tax. I just find it so weird that it is every country in the EU that has that. You could always become a sovereign citizen.

and miss out on all the fun of being forced to collect taxes on behalf of the government without being paid for it?

1 Like

1 Like