[Available Stock] AVIO AT Gear Drive Kit for Kahua and Bergmeister Wheels

IMG_20190314_133509

This is a pic i took a couple months back, i dont think it includes the weight of the wheel adapters, ( about 100ish grams).

The pic includes: 2x motors 2x wheels 1x truck 2x gear drive

5 Likes

Hey Jeff, any updates. Have you hit 1000km yet? How’s manufacturing going? Thanks!

Heyo! Sorry bout the lack of updates~

Manufacturing is almost done! Will be posting pics as soon as I get them from my supplier :slight_smile:

Shipping will be on the first week of April! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately there’s a hiccup with manufacturing. Long story short, my supplier messed up and are now trying to fix it (by redoing everything), with the time line pushed back by about a week.

Some examples of the screw ups:

• They fked up the hole chamfers by manually chamfering it. (Rejected.)

• They managed to anodize it in the colours I wanted, but left some stains on some parts in the process. (Rejected.)

• Some parts deviated from the specified tolerances by 0.01mm, and were rejected as a result. (Rejected.)

• There were minor milling marks left on the motor covers. (Rejected.)

Most flaws are related to aesthetics, but I expect only the highest of quality from my suppliers.

As such, the new time line has been pushed back by about a week - I will update progress on this thread as frequent as I can. I sincerely apologise for the delay, i hate it as much as you do when things dont go according to plan. ):

For those who pre-ordered, feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions or simply reply to this thread and I’ll get back to you asap (even though I’m on vacation now) :stuck_out_tongue:

Mahalo everyone!

Jeff

17 Likes

Great QA :grin::clap:

3 Likes

Enjoy…boy glad I don’t have to pass your tests :grin:

4 Likes

I’ll buy a set of your qc fails!! Wish I could afford a set with the effort you’re putting in…

2 Likes

Sorry but rejects go into the bin, and are not for sale ):

2 Likes

The pic looks like Waikiki and Hanama bay…

1 Like

My mom says my room is the biggest bin she has ever seen. Send it to me I’ll happily throw them away for you :wink:

5 Likes

You’re absolutely right! :smiley:

1 Like

When you live here all your life you better know! Hehe! Aloha hope you having a great time here!

1 Like

Thanks! Am having an amazing time! You live in a ridiculously beautiful country - wish I could live here all my life!

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update. Received word from my suppliers that manufacturing will be completed by next Friday 12th Apr, and shipped out to me.

Heres to hoping everything is on schedule!

Jeff

4 Likes

Another update!

Everything has been re-manufactured and is currently undergoing Polishing and Anodizing. Will update again when i have received the parts!

Pics from the factory! (Raw, unpolished) IMG_20190411_143435 IMG_20190411_143455

17 Likes

mmexport1555403945475 mmexport1555403954999 mmexport1555403960472 mmexport1555403967153 Re-manufacturing is complete and is now being packed and awaitng delivery to me. Hoping to finish packing on my end and send it to you guys by the end of this week!

Pics of the completed mounts and covers to come (:

12 Likes

As promised, everything else!

mmexport1555424451070 mmexport1555424461135 mmexport1555424470118 mmexport1555424456073 mmexport1555424466333

Yes i know, the gold looks sexy as fuck. No, i did not make any extra and no im sorry but you cant change the colour now ><.

16 Likes

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

2 Likes

It’s coming

2 Likes

Also happy 420 :leafy_green:

8 Likes