Portable Cruiser Board Help

If you can find a battery small enough, I think the Landyachtz Dinghy deck would be awesome with a Carvon single hub.

For sure. No hills, then Carvon all the way. They are very fast. And the power has a different feel than belt drive, it feels more positive since there is no belt lag. The difference is subtle yet it’s real. I’ve used both on the same deck with same Esc’s and batteries. My belt drive has better mileage and climbs steep hills better but the Carvons are way faster. If I was gonna enter a race on a flat track, I’d use the Carvons.

1 Like

Again, I adore your build.

Stiggs has agreed to sell me his spud, thank god.

Thanks to LEver and Namaski, I’m pretty set on a single hub carvon, and I think that if you still make them I’ll buy your sulaco v1.

Now I need to decide on a battery. I want speed and range, but I definitely don’t have the budget for a space battery. Suggestions? How hard is it to build a battery like the ones I’ve seen @whitepony and okp on ES build?

1 Like

@jtcurlin you are driven…just choose the one you want man…Enertions or TBs 18560 pack to make it tidy and stealth

Always loved the that deck, but in practice it’s pretty damn tiny under foot. I’d recommend looking at the Tugboat ( it’s slightly bigger brother)

The problem is that I’ll be over budget, I really need a battery option under 110 if possible

Time to toss the couch and check all the pockets in the closet mate

What KV are you using? I’m trying to figure out if the 149kv acceleration is going to be good enough for a single hub motor setup. I intend to use it mainly on flat surfaces.

Hey man, this build looks good! do you have more details on the build? love your work btw !

I actually haven’t attempted the Landyachtz Dinghy build yet. I feel like the wheelbase is a little too small. For a non-electric cruiser board it’s awesome.