Portable Cruiser Board Help

Oh, I just realized that i’ve see your board before on here.

I love the way you did your enclosure, its super clean while trendy too if you know what I mean.

Are you able to unstrap and remove the whole box?

The bottom half of the box is secured to the deck with screws and the top is held on with velcro buckle straps for easy access.

@LEVer’s pre-order is a good example of a compact build … Would change over to lipos for swap-ability if we’re to build something similar and compact

Edit: and seems to have that steezy remote that all the kids rave about lol

http://www.carvonskates.com/store/p21/CARVON_ELECTRIC_MINI_CRUISER_COMPLETE_BOARD_(Pre-0rder).html

Not a big fan of them … In use and design

But like I said its seems to be all the rage… :neutral_face: Same with phone control…

Maybe they invent a sphincter control lol

too far lol 20 chars

That’s actually pretty brilliant. If I could get a setup like that going then I could have a pretty good looking enclosure while having the ability to swap batteries on the fly.

I like where he’s going with that board, but I’m looking for a board with no tails and a bit more battery.

this thing literally makes my mouth water

I find this board gorgeous as well, but I’d prefer a hub motor and a tesseract is most definitely not within my budget

1 Like

You checked @RunPlayBack’s rip stick right?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/esk8tube-video-thread/47/43?u=michaelinvegas

1 Like

yeah, I’ve looked all over but I can’t find a jet spud 29 or a board close enough to it

Discontinued…

This maybe the closest you can get and they seem to have one

http://www.sk8trip.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=RPO338-DO14&Category_Code=radar_decks

The downside to my enclosure is that it’s 2" thick. Not very stealthy.

You could try picking up one of these, mounting the trucks in the closest holes, and cut off the excess nose and tail. It would be a little longer than the spud, but personally, even on a smaller board, I’d like a little extra room to stretch my legs, especially if I was gonna go fast. I’d guess you could trim the ends down to net about a 31-32" deck.

That could be an option. I’m gonna keep looking around for one in the meantime though.

So, do you guys recommend I go with a Carvon single hub, a sk3, or what? Again, I want to be able to get 10-15 miles a charge with a top speed of 20-25 if possible, and I can’t afford a space pack, so i’ll need to pick some batteries as well.

@Namasaki can help or or @LEVer decide on carvon choice

Depends, if your riding flat to moderate grades 10% or less. The the Carvon will give maximum speed. Up to 30mph with a single motor. And might go 10mi with a 12s/5000mah or better. If your bombing steep/long hills 10-30% grade then you will need a belt drive. And a big motor like this

Not planning on hitting many hills at all, just want a fast and light cruiser, so sounds like the hubs are going to be the best bet for me.