POLL turned to possible group buy - Which ABEC 11 Wheels would you buy? Gauging Group Buy MOQ! Please fill out form in 1st post!

Given the fact that @chaka was clearing the 97mm stock at 78$/set (which should be pretty close to “wholesale price”) and considering that the 107mm are 1.4 times more expensive, a fair price would be 110$/set. Then considering we are buying more than a normal shop, the price could be discounted further.

I don’t think that’s how it works… @ChrisChaput decides the price he wants to charge for his wheels, we would not be buying from the manufacturer, Chris would. We would be buying from chris. I think $140 shipped (cont. US) is a fair price.

Yea sure he decides the price, I was just guessing. I thought we were going wholesale quantity to get wholesale price. As a European I can tell you that 140 is going to become 200 after shipping and tax and at that point most of us would be out…

2 Likes

Evolve hasn’t been price gouging in the abecs. All of the shops sold them for the same price. You guys are always bitching about price. Make something. Then tell us how much it should cost.

5 Likes

IMO placing an initial order of 300 units would make this forum a decent resale account opportunity for any manufacturer. But pretending that resellers only make $10 on a set of $150 wheels is a bit crazy. Resellers of specialized products don’t typically operate on 7% margins.

I’m sure that many vendors on this forum would argue that they work on lower margins. But none of them is the size of Evolve. Nor are they ordering the MOQ from ABEC 11 alone.

Better pricing has been the goal in all the group buys that I have seen. We aren’t looking to pay retail (or close to it) for batteries, motors or any other component when buying in quantity. I doubt any reseller would. If I was going to pay $140 for 107’s, I would just buy them from Evolve for $10 more and get product immediately and without the hassle. (I already did this for my fist set of 107’s)

Chis can charge whatever he wants, but please let HIM come up with a price for us. He knows his business and what he thinks is a fair deal for 300+ units. He has the opportunity to sell more, because we will buy more wheels if they come in at a lower price. I don’t need 3 sets of 107’s, but I will buy them for the right price. And I doubt that I’m the only one.

5 Likes

Right, I highly doubt evolve is buying those wheels for $140 per set, my guess is $80-$100 and they are selling for double. We might be waiting for a while to get the price since its so difficult to get a reply from chris if we get a good price I would definitely get 2 sets as well.

Not bitching about the price. Just pointless doing a group buy and go through that extra struggle getting it overseas for a $10 saving!

I would be in for an entire MOQ of 90’s or 97’s… price dependent.

4 Likes

^This is how you have a voice on what something costs. When you wan’t a set that’s called retail @anon42702729

3 Likes

I’d like 300 Flywheels 97’s in 75a.

1 Like

Do you run a shop and are planning on reselling these? Or are they all just for personal use, to build 75 boards? :joy:

The demand for this product strongly outweighs the supply. If I can contribute to increasing the supply, then I’d love to. I plan on using a couple sets for myself, using a few sets for client builds, and selling the rest to esk8 builders. I’m not trying to get rich, will sell them at the standard retail price.

I’m serious. If I were in Chris’s position, I’d jump at this opportunity. I guess I’m waiting for him to reply with a quote. If not I’ll be emailing him.

5 Likes

Have you considered doing some with 90mm? Would allow for more board options. Do like 225 97’s and 75 90’s? You’d be the wheel savior!!!

“The order needs to be for 300 wheels (75 sets of 4 of one size, one color, in one urethane, in one duro. That’s what comprises a SKU.”

My bad, i misread your post. I thought you meant 300 sets. This now makes more sense.

this thing is losing steam.

@Ronny_CTS have you heard back from abec at all? i txt’d chris directly but no response.

1 Like

Yes but we really need Chris to respond can’t go further without his confirmation or a price.

Haven’t gotten a reply to my email yet and i’ve tried calling since monday but nobody picks up. Gonna shoot another email with a bit more detail to both abec11 email addresses i got and see if i get a reply.

From the likes of this thread we can get multiple sku’s well above the MOQ so i confident that if we can communicate with @ChrisChaput this group buy will happen.

I would be in for a 107 mm Set as well - color doesn’t matter!

Offer still open