POLL turned to possible group buy - Which ABEC 11 Wheels would you buy? Gauging Group Buy MOQ! Please fill out form in 1st post!

Muirskate had the 97’s for 90.06 and the 107’s at a sale price of 123.21 with shipping at one point so a full run order should be a good amount less. I would be more incline for the 90mm but that is just me. I would think the reflex thane would be more expensive then the classic so that would be something to think about as well.

1 Like

I think 120 was like a special friendship deal already. We’ll see. Chris said producing the wheel moulds for a wheel cost around $10k so I don’t think an order of 75 pairs will be that big of a deal for him.

btw can we puhlease keep the original colors and just print a forum branding on them? I really like the oldschool green/orange design.

1 Like

I think that maybe Evolve ordered more but for a skateshop it’s not that small. We are talking about one specyfic wheel here and there are so many of them. So the proces requires to order molds for every batch? I think the molds are there. I also belive and hope that we should get a price around what @gogomrrobot said but how can we achive that when some of us openly giving 120$ range :frowning:

1 Like

If we really want to support ABEC 11 and @ChrisChaput , I think we should just get standard-colored wheels and cores. This helps Chris out by allowing him to add on top of the MOQ for that run from the manufacturer. The more we specialize these wheels the less profitable they become and the less likely they will be produced.

6 Likes

the molds are definitely there. I just wanted to put things into perspective. Not totally sure about the amount. Will search for his original post later. They obviously aren’t remade for every batch.

yea thats what i paid for a set laying around the shop, maybe a prototype or something. unbranded.

my take is it’s hard enough to get and keep chris’ attention so the less we ask of of him the better.

I also like the idea of esk8 branding but that’ll just add to the lead time, maybe even drive up the cost.

@Ronny_CTS shot off a formal email to abec so let’s see what he says.

1 Like

also, whoever’s submitting the form without your name, it’s kind of useless if we don’t know who you are.

my bad for not requiring it, fixed.

I selected 1 set (2:28:36) and didn´t put my name. Please ignore that.

@thisguyhere how many sets are on the list until now?

Hey, thanks for setting up the form. I am available to handle the logistics in Europe if you need some help :wink:

1 Like

there were 75 responses on the initial poll, so a lot of people haven’t noticed we changed this post

Yeah, looks like it. I can understand how it might get unnoticed. Maybe you should start a new thread with 107mm group buy, since that’s the only one that looks achievable, linking the same google doc. Or its possible some of them did want to buy but may not be certain without knowing all the details like price etc. Once we get the price we can possibly start another thread by you.

2 Likes

I’m in on the 107’s. My first preference would be to get Chris to do a run of the “Electric Flywheels”, these came with black cores and where a bit wider than regular 107 flywheels. This could be the only way we could get our hands on these wheels as no body is stocking them. My second choice is to get the classic formula 75a green 107’s with black cores… I know a few other members are aligned in my thinking, and some don’t care. Could we possibly poll this?

2 Likes

I am not sold on “Electric Flywheels”. The reason they are not being stocked by anyone and weren’t used by anyone was because they were too big to be used with dual motor setups. My vote is for Superflys with black or red core with 74a .

1 Like

the 74a has been known to chunk more than the 75a classic formula, those with experience with flywheels have mentioned this earlier in the thread… so for that reason I would vote for the 75a… When the wheels first came out people where using smaller motors and not riding as fast as now. Personally I want the grip that comes with the width and would be all over a opportunity to get some electric flywheels… I’m sure not everyone will agree, hence I suggested we poll the variables.

1 Like

75a seems like a reasonable choice if what you say is true but then again I do want the high reflex pu even if it is slightly less durable. And abec never produced 107mm wheels with classic formula, we would need to confirm if they can even do it, might even cause delays. A poll seems like a reasonable choice to decide what to do once we have enough people but If I were to take a guess I would say almost all of people in this group buy would be using these with dual rear motors, which means we can’t get the older electric flywheels.

I accidentally bought a set of slightly used Electric Flywheels only realising later that there are different kinds of ABEC11 107mm wheels. Now I can not fit 15mm belts, can not find fitting pulleys, am forced to use Torqueboards 218 Trucks etc.

I would definitely go for the new sideset flywheel in a group buy.

1 Like

$150ish is the going rate.

1 Like

Based on the results of the initial poll of this thread I fired an email at @ChrisChaput yesterday asking for ballpark figures and delivery times for:

• MOQ (75 sets): 107 mm 74a reflex formula
  • MOQ (75 sets): 97 mm (hardness to be defined)
  • MOQ (75 sets): 90 mm (hardness to be defined)

This is just an initial approach and therefore if this group buy evolves all the details such as urethane formula, core type and core color will be decided by all of us based on the experience and opinion of other ABEC11 wheel users.

I just wanted to get an ideia of what we will be dealing with in terms of time and cost, which will make the group buy much more noticeable to other members of the forum.

On another note, abec11’s website is back online!I

Wait, for $10 more I can get the 107s from Evolve straight from the local sk8 shop! Hmm, that’s uninteresting for us Aussies to jump in!