POLL: Flipsky information in one place

Already have. All they told me was that the free one was shipped with the paid one, which it wasn’t.Screenshot_20190102-210429 What they said seemed kinda ambiguous, and leaving me on read doesn’t help the situation

Give it 24hrs haha, they will reply.

The free one might have been shipped separately as well, the convoluted shipping subsidies on mainland China are complicated and it could cost them less to send separately. Just speculation

2 Likes

Just wondering. What’s the max setting ppl have on 4.12? Looking to run 12s on them on a fun project. @visnu777 @brenternet

Also did anyone extra 4.12 from their holiday sale? Or where to get them for cheap?

My 4.12’s are just sitting in a box here but I’ve not heard of anyone running into issues on 12s FOC with them. I’m sure someone has done it and will read this.

I have an internal 10s and an external 2s battery, most of the time I use only the internal one. 12s worked though, without issues.

Cheap FS4.12 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FLIPSKY-FSVESC-V4-50A-SK8-ESC-w-5V-1-5A-BEC-for-Electric-Skateboard-RC-Car/132649495953

I use 35A batt max as I get thermal throttling after a while if I go higher than that, but I don’t have any sort of heatsink on them

What’s the use of the 3.3v and 5v switch on the FSESC 6.6?

Some Motor Sensors work in 3,3v and others on 5v. The switch Changes this voltage for the Motor Sensors

Has anyone designed a heatsink for fs 6.6 single that can be mounted through the enclosure. For better heat dissipation while being splash resistant.

1 Like

how did you connected the 4.12 together?

Split PPM personally but you can CANBUS them if you want like any vesc.

hi im just got the 4.20 and im looking to put the firware on it. what option did people pick in hard ware?

Anyone got a complete BOM for the FSESC 4.12?

As of April '19, Flipsky is lacking (extremely important information in my opinion) information on the dual FSESC 6.6 (not the “plus” version) web page. It does not support 4WD. I found this out the hard way and purchased two, since that’s what you need for 4WD, to the tune of about $600 and when they arrived I couldn’t figure out how to seet up 4WD so I contacted Flipsky and they informed me that you need to buy the plus version. I was furious, I had been messaging him back and forth previous to that about this very thing so he knew what me goal was yet neglected to tell me this important fact. When I called him on it I was ignored. So now my board is a fail and I’m out $600. I had read many reviews by forum members, was even suggested NOT to go with a Flipsky ESC, but I wanted to prove the naysayers wrong - and I’m a cheap ass. And look what happened?

I would not recommend buying anything from that jackoff ever.

To be fair as far as two wheel setup goes, the FSESC works well, so far as I can tell. Still, the fact that Flipsky doesn’t support his product is reason enough for me to never buy from him again in the future.

1 Like

Flipsky isn’t a person. The esc’s work well.

You had a bad experience, that’s unfortunate but I’m not sure the turborage is worth it. Sell your $600 esc’s for $550 and buy the plus ones. Problem solved.

1 Like

Or you can just canbus them together. I’ve seen a picture of how to make it work somewhere here on the forums. Then split ppm them and presto it works. Just takes some know how is all.

4 Likes

Yeah the issue with everything you’ve said here is that it is 100% possible to run 4WD with these ESCs. Just because you aren’t capable of doing so doesn’t mean that ‘Mr Flipsky’ is in the wrong. You were also told to not buy Flipsky, and you did anyway. You dug this hole, you get yourself out

6 Likes

Hi Kerry,

You are incorrect. You can run 4WD with 2x Dual FSESC 6.6.

There is no port for the CAN but you can solder 2 wires and get the port.

Here is an image from flipsky I received when I asked them about it.

I hope this helps.

46444573_2048271948563802_4675679029683027968_n

1 Like

Pmac,

Thank you for the contsructive criticism and having class, something a few members of the forum lack completely taking cheap jabs and repeating the obvious - whatever. I appreciate you taking the time to respond with something helpful.

I’m not sure I follow with the diagram though. Is it saying to solder the two opposing “pin” looking things on the can switch from each FSESC?

And I truly don’t mean this to sound rude or challenging but there’s no other way to ask it: Why would the person at Flipsky tell me that the FSESC 6.6 can’t run 4WD when they clearly provided you with a “how to” to make that happen? How recent is your information? Thanks!

1 Like

The spot exists on the board but to make this esc as inexpensive as possible they didn’t solder the port on. For at least some of their CS team it’s likely easier to just tell people it’s not possible.

The only post here relating to your issues that lacks class is your initial one.

3 Likes