Penny "Nickel" complete dual hub motors zippy 6s20c 3000mah x2 in series

There’s not a lot of real estate to a penny, so its never going to be incredibly stable. You might look at getting a Benchwheel or [Enertion Nano-X](http://Enertion Nano-X) remote so you can put the board in ‘cruise’ mode. You can read more about them here…

Ill get that XT90 panel mount out to you this week, just been incredibly busy at work :frowning:

1 Like

Im using this remote now. I wonder if these settings can change that

3 Likes

I don’t know. I’ve never had a mini remote, I’ve got one ordered. I’ll let you know when I get it.

1 Like

So, my boards acting really odd. Like the trigger isn’t working but the side turning thing makes the wheels spin. I rebinded the controller since it kept blinking. After I did that it seems to have some issues.some times it’ll go without hitting the throttle, and stop when I hit it. When I move it in the opposite direction it speeds ups. Very wierd. I never changed the vesc settings since it started working. I posted a video. https://youtu.be/RBiLbaeCYPI

Move the RX lead to channel 2.

1 Like

move to ch2 i had same problem, and move the th trim till motor stops.

1 Like

make sure u have a red light on the receiver and its not blinking,

That fixed it. Rode it for about 10mins off and on then it stopped working again… Motors stopped spinning when I use the remote

Could be a bad reciver … do you have a spare remote set?

So I’ve rechecked and tinkered since last time and attempted to run the batteries in parallel, but I couldn’t actually get the motors to move like that. I messed around with the blcd tool and lowered it to 40amps from 60. It’s still has a pretty jumpy start. Like I have to have sort of a rolling start but it still takes off from under me unless I’m super gentle on the throttle. Which settings should I mess with?

I can finally control the beast! Yay. Still super sensitive though. https://youtu.be/pL3quH_QRYs

2 Likes

I think there is a “current ramp” setting that you could lower (ex half it) and it might help.

I’ll look into that. Kind of just learning to work with it as if I was going from my Nissan to a Lamborghini lol. Getting some muscle memory. I changed the max watts(?) from 60 to 40. I’m also wondering if that means longer battery life. Now I have to make a little enclosure for this little camera and figure it out.

1 Like

I’m so excited. This is the best thing I’ve ever made.

3 Likes

Noo! I tried my connectors for like the 5th time trying to install the better meter. I finally got a dremel and made pretty spots for the anti spark and battery meter. Fit them in there but as I tried to connect the battery, again, I fried my connectors and now I have to replace them… I wanted to do my endurance test tomorrow but now I have a bunch more wiring to do. At least the Soldering iron I bought seems to work better.

I’ve discovered the dremel tool. Now I have voltmeter access. I’m not sure if it’s programmed right but it’s easy enough to change the settings. Just wasn’t sure what info to put in for volts. Whether it be 22.2 or 44.4.i managed to get just one wheel to work again so hopefully it’s an easy fix

4 Likes

Solder on the phase wires got messed up. It happened 3 more times before I got the board back together. All of them were probably ready to go. Really tight fit getting everything to fit in that enclosure

Can i buy your nickel trucks? :blush:

My vesc fried! :cry: I made it 3.53miles before it died on me. After I let it sit a few hours I could get it to turn back on but the light was blinking red on one vesc. I tried hooking it up to my computer to see if there were any error codes but when I hit test motor it caught on fire and fried it. Not sure what happened but that was my most expensive thing to break so far…

1 Like

1 Like