Open Source Precision Trucks - Looking for design feedback

164mm-154mm adjustable axle width, 45/25 bases w/ 5mm/2.5mm rake… I don’t think they will work for you Bro the waterproof moonshine pro tucker is no good too :wink:

I’ll save you the pain

Not optimal but you know never enough shiny trucks :slight_smile: and agreed about the moonshine. Got a rum runner to test out, so little feedback, constantly moving your feet to have any kind of response and footing.,

1 Like

mounting space makes flex, or lack of support. With no extra weight you could move some material where it could do some good. The pivot will be rock solid, the hangar less so… I think

1 Like

could measure out mine when I get my katanas back.(2-3 weeks) or mayby @Cobber could help out.

That would be sweet!

so nice leathers, spicy trucks… How far do I need to travel to raid your home haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What axle/axle stubs are you planing to use?

same ones as surfrodz

yeah no foot stop on my v3 future…

I am thinking of the tucker as a blank kanvas like my limelite

Well, there are a couple of options :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

first rock north of Antarctica…

I have a little bar I run by the coast, it can be a bit windy but when the weather is good it is paradise undiscovered, drop by I’ll buy you a drink or two :sunglasses:

3 Likes

the 10mm ones

You got taste ma man ! v3 is sweet. little too short for me though. Otherside v2 suits me better ( I am a tall idiot :slight_smile: )

I was so hyped for the rum runer, but meh…

Pretty to loock at though.

1 Like

after im done with uni, I am gunna travel around just to ride with people. Be careful I may turn up in 2 years :slight_smile:

4 Likes

extended the pivot as much as possible while still being able to fit dual 6384’s

4 Likes

This looking awesome.

1 Like

you could continue the arc towards the first shoulder next to the pivot if you wanted, it kind of looks like it heading there anyway or you can keep the shoulders as your steeze…

As for the bushing seat, I’d shout out to @Alphamail and ask him for his thoughts?

if you look at the following images you will see there is some relief around the bushing seat for deformation of the bushing and so bushing washers and cups don’t hit the hanger.

&

the problem is solved in both in two different ways, one just removes the material (k5) and the katanas remove material at a angle to the sides of the bushing seat where lateral load is applied to the bushing as the hanger pivots towards the kingpin.

How thick is the hanger now LittleBro, and how deep are the bushing seats road and boardside? Do you have any rake?

1 Like

How will the machining of the pivoting nose proceed? I tried making this by hand with my knee-mill but the cutter for it don’t exist. I’ve only been successful in grinding it off for a tight fit with the urethane pivot cup.

flip it so the pivot nose is facing upward.

That’s what I do. But I’m thinking in terms of using a CNC since time is money on that.