Open Source Precision Trucks - Looking for design feedback

You may be right but I’m going to try before I cry. It’s largly irrelevant to what’s going on here but the ability to be able to select a mount option is not, so…

Edit: Not point presenting a problem without a possible solution.

Solution: would be to use a solidaxle, prefereably Titantium, and to have interchangable profiles as desired. There are CAD models for most popular trucks, so should not present a challenge.

a) The profiles should lock into the main part of the hanger using a common arrangement of solid steel or titanium locking pins which stop roatation.

b) Alternatively on the end of the profile and hanger have a star spline pattern (like a 12 point socket), alowing them to be rotated to desired angle, male on profile, female on hanger …bonus & innovation

1 Like

Not exactly related… But I’ve always thought it would be really good to have 0 deg style trucks made with a 4 deg baseplate.

That way you could have +4 deg on the front, and then you mount the rear baseplate backwards, and you get -4 deg on the rear.

That’d be a nice turny yet stable setup.

Or you could do +4, +4 for super maneuverability.

Or -4, -4 for super stability.

1 Like

I don’t think you can turn at all with 0 +/- 4 degrees. I may be wrong but in my experience you need a minimum of 30 degrees to turn at all and 30 doesn’t turn well.

1 Like

You’re right, but I was meaning for mountainboard style decks where the angle is normally built into the board, and the trucks are typically 0 degrees.

The idea would be you have a little bit of flexibility instead of just being stuck with whatever the deck was pressed at or having to use risers.

1 Like

Yeah @mmaner is right, you wouldn’t change the angle of the wheels the deck would just rock to one side with out moving the wheels at 0 degree… :thinking:

I have 25 degree Ronin base plates I run in the rear of my gravity decks. Currently running: Front: 95 cupped/95 cupped (tall barrels); 5mm rake; 45 degree; 165mm wide Rear: 95 cupped/97 cupped (tall barrels); 2.5mm rake; 25 degree; 155mm wide

They turn well enough for me to ride around town, do bank runs, 90 degree turns on to the foot path…

1 Like

Ronins are more turny than a lot of other trucks because the unrestrictive bushing seats ( or lack of a bushing seats ), and the tall bushings.

They can lean really far without needing to be as loose.

You can pull off pretty low angles in the rear on any setup, but ronins can be particularly turny even into the low angles, especially compared with sloppy kingpin trucks running short bushings.