Onewheel Build Guide

On a sidenote, is there any benefit to implementing your own kalman filter (like @MaxGoldenson has done), rather than using the DMP built into the chip?

Not shure. i have motor/wheel, teensy 3.2, MPU6050 but still waiting for the rails and the milled parts.

OneWheelSW_2019-Jul-12_08-21-31AM-000_CustomizedView132680728 PNG 2019-07-12%2010_23_49-Autodesk%20Fusion%20360%20(Education%20License)

3 Likes

I’ve got almost everything I need, just waiting on battery, momentary switch, and some 6mm aluminum plate I’ll use as the treads. I’ve got rails, wheel and mount, a flipsky 4.12 vesc, and anti spark switch. I’m going to use Max’s code, but mod it a bit to only need one foot switch, might also add a timer so if foot slips or bounces, I don’t lose power.

1 Like

Putting it all together, ended up using 50mm x 30mm aluminium for the bars, then 5mm aluminium plate for the treads. it’s about 68mm long.

dummy fit:

@TinnieSinker is going to build a 10s2p battery, then i’m off.

5 Likes

Oh hi! nice build man! your cells have arrived and will be able to build it in the next week or two

1 Like

I’ve been able to get a rideable version of my OneWheel. Like I mentioned in the previous post, the motor is way under-torqued for this project so I’ll be upgrading that soon.

I’ve written a pretty detailed blog post on how I did it, so hopefully you guys can find it useful!

6 Likes

Hello

How do you upload the code in the flight controller board ? Could you tell us how you do it ? thanks

I’m using ST-link utility to upload the code to my naze32. I did however receive a HEX. file from someone on youtube. This guy has modified the code from alexB to work with the naze32.

If you want the Hex file send me a PM and I can write you a small instruction on how it works and send that together with the HEX. File

1 Like

OK I send you a PM

Sorry I’m not allowed to send PM

But the hex file can be download in betaflight ? Like an upgrade local firmware ?

This is my progress thusfar https://www.instagram.com/p/B0TOFtegb7s/?igshid=222wcmigbp7f

Code: https://github.com/SwarleyAUS/ESP32_1Wheel

2 Likes

Hey guys, I am embarking on my own one wheel build as well and I have gotten all the parts except for the hub motor and tire. I also ordered it from pei scooter and they are taking forever. For you guys who got the same motor how long did it take to arrive? Or even ship? image

I ordered mine on 6/26/19 and no email whatsoever from pei scooter.

2 Likes

They didn’t seem to be out of stock when I talked to them the other day, you should contact them again on AliExpress or email and if they don’t respond file a claim with AliExpress (if you ordered there). I’m looking forward to ordering one in the near future after my esk8 build is finished. So your wait does concern me.

I may have been lucky, but I got my wheel pretty quickly. I ordered it July 11, and just got it yesterday. Same exact phub-188 wheel.

1 Like

Where did you order it from?

I got it from aliexpress.

Okay. Well I’m gonna cancel my order from the actual pei scooter website and reorder it on aliexpress.

I’m still torn if I should get 600w/36v or 600w/48v

I got the 36v and running it on 48v and 55Amp. Its not eaven running hot. I really want to push it to 72v, but my vesc cant handle it. Im using it in an escooter btw

If you scroll up a bit, @StefanMe had an email from the manufacturer. Apparently they’re exactly the same motor haha. Im going to run 36V first, just because my board is heavy enough as is. If its lacking power I’ll go to 48V

1 Like