One final check before take off Need the OK

Hey guys! Moving into FOC now(sensorless). I’ve followed vedders tutorial on how to setup FOC ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYYNbxPXNEU ) and I am just looking for a final OK from the community to take this on a test drive. After the detections and settings being applied the motor seems to be spinning fine and all.

Setup:

dual 6355 190kvs dual focbox’s 36/16 10s3p

These are the VESC settings

Why is your max erpm 100000?

I think 100k is the default … Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t his max erpm under 60k in any case with a 10s 190kv setup? :slight_smile:

Can’t say anything about your foc values bro hahah!

That is the default. Ive been running it like that since day one on BLDC

I have no idea, which is why I am asking for last minute inputs to test it out

Thats weird. That should be 60000, what vesc do you have?

I think a best practice is to limit the erpm to 60k, as it can fry your vesc if you ever go beyond that

My focbox is also set to 100k on default

Yes he technically couldn’t , unless going down a steep downhill, also if he ever decided to upgrade to 12s that would instantly be an issue

Side question: If i limit to 60k and i am going down a steep hill, will my vesc actually brake to keep it below 60k??

@scepterr I have 2 focbox’s

Yep that’s what the limit should do Just like low voltage cut

Foc does not take into account the max erpm anyways

3 Likes

Glad to see you’re taking the plunge with FOC. The only problem with your settings I see is the 20A batt max limit. That should be 30A :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

We are ready to hear your FOC results/reaction now btw :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I am in LOVE with it. So fucking silent! Only problem is I think I need to replace my battery pack!!sagging like a b!! My 10s3p has that 40 fuse. Idk if this space cell can handle that 30…What do you think?

2 Likes

i also feel like my battery has been sagging more since switching to foc …

You are saying that you have a 10s battery, but your baterry cutoff end is at 27.0V

That would mean you drain the cells to 27.0V / 10 = 2.7V ?

If you are already sagging then not the best idea, but I think the fuse will handle it just fine. I run my 3P packs with 40A fuse higher and have never popped a fuse. You get the BMS cutoff before the fise pops. Sounds like its time for you to build a 12S5P :wink: