Ollin FreeRide Re-Curve

That sounds great! Definitely worth waiting on you guys to do it professionally :wink:

1 Like

I think once I get my HAYA in Iā€™m gonna have to make a tough decision over which to go with. Damn I love this design :heart_eyes: As for whether to eat cell space or use the older vesc design I already purchased dual ESCapeā€™s. I have a dual enclosure as well as two single enclosures for them so Iā€™d likely just use those. Thatā€™d still be enough room for a 12s4p or 10s5p wouldnā€™t it?

Is there any more from this batch left?

@uigiroux Our first batch sold pretty quick and we do not have any left. If you are interested in the second batch, please allow us some time to focus on those whom have already ordered before we can give you an expected time frame on the second production batch.

We are running behind and do apologize immensely. We ran out of epoxy and had to order moreā€¦which took a week to get here. We then had an employee out for awhile which slowed us down as well. I would also like to announce that we made the hard decision to no longer sell complete ready to ride boards. This will allow us to put all our energy into making decks and manufacturing parts for builders. Because of this we will soon offer battery options and other included components with our decks to accommodate new builders or riders that want something that they can just bolt on their drive train of choice.

17 Likes

This is awesome! Back to DIY!

5 Likes

Will the battery+deck options be available to international customers as well? :smile:

2 Likes

Amazeballs. With cronins getting discoā€™ed, can @OllinBoardCompany share the plan for motor mounts?

1 Like

@Wraith :cry: wish we could send batteries overseas, fortunately there are plenty of talented battery builders across the pond.

@deucesdown cast Ronins have not been discontinued. We have already adapted our drive to the updated version of the cast Ronins. We still have a limited supply of the older wider trucks but most of our customers prefer the new model for obvious reasons.

5 Likes

Aahh thatā€™s right with a single motor per truck, the narrowness of the Katana design doesnā€™t affect you as much. Nice!

2 Likes

@OllinBoardCompany when do you think the first batch will ship out?

I was told this week but I havenā€™t gotten any notification yet

This is super awesome. I have an Arbor board right now because it was the only one I could get with the wood being showed off instead of concealed in griptape. This may be my next board :smiley:

1 Like

@chaka is working hard to get all the decks completed. He is still in the shop as I type this and will continue to work late nights until they are done. Some of the cores are still being milled but, the cores that are ready for skins, are already in the final process. Thank you all for being so patient. I will do best to keep everyone up to date.

recvpc1

19 Likes

thatā€™s interesting. is the bottom of the board basically a veneer over the skeleton?

1 Like

Not really, the veneer is mainly aesthetic. The bottom of the deck is composed of many layers of glass fiber composite. It is amazingly durable! Much stronger than an ABS enclosure and harder than bare maple.

Most people think I simply route out a deck and slap an aluminum sheet over the top but there is much more to it than that.

19 Likes

@sender I have been working more on that idea you and I talked about on stacking 2 of our Direct VESCā€™s. Looks like its a go! This is a crude mock up, used some fasteners we had on hand but it should work. 2x VESC with the same footprint as one VESC and still fit inside the Re-Curve! :metal:

In my experience we do not need heat sinks in a dual configuration so in a quad it shouldnā€™t be a problem at all. Will need to use some 90 deg jst ports and possible wire in an extended jst for bt and sensors.

dirvesc2x

21 Likes

So exciting! Man oh man. @torqueboards, this is what I am going to do with that 4wd 90kv setup.

A true sleeper beast.

@mmaner, check out this magic!

5 Likes

That is so frikkin sexyā€¦

5 Likes

great work guys, canā€™t wait to receive my deck!

3 Likes

3 piece heatsink? Middle heatsink can have the proper standoffs.

2 Likes

Do you think it will really be pulling enough amps per VESC to warrant the heat sink on 4wd?