Ollin FreeRide Re-Curve

Or better yet give it a fake rust treatment and do a madmax thing.

5 Likes

So @chaka is still @chaka ā€¦and @OllinBoardCompany is his wife (Melissa). Nothing but Truth or Consequences!

2 Likes

good idea. i like the contrast.

1 Like

@pixelsilva, thatā€™s right! @chaka is Jeramiah who is too busy to be on the forums. @ollinboardcompany is me, Melissa, his wife. We like to keep it all in the family at Ollin :wink: A family that rides together stays together.

26 Likes

Where do I go to place an order for this deck? I have a HAYA coming, but I didnā€™t know about this deckā€¦ And Iā€™m kinda digging this one more.

Edit : Nvm, the answer was obvious, lol :smile:

2 Likes

HELL YEAH you prefer this one. It is the damn original! Put that order in!

2 Likes

Does this deck take 2170ā€™s and whatā€™s the largest pack itā€™ll fit with dual ESCapeā€™s and a DieBieBMS?

Hey everyone, a little update on where we are with the Re-Curve. Cores are complete, skins are pressed. We didnā€™t want to finish all the machining until we were sure about the reliability of the threaded inserts. This turned out to be good because we ended up needing a larger size which are holding up very well. We made a quick listing for the charge port add on if anyone is interested. We will be contacting everyone before we send their board to ask if they want this add on option along with the new anti-spark switch (which I have on my personal board and love :heartpulse:) Please know that if you opt out of the add-on options you will need to drill your own holes.

4 Likes

Is there still some decks available to order?

This deck is designed specifically for 18650 cells. There are a couple of decks in this group that havenā€™t been purchased yet. So if you act fast you can get one of the deck we are currently working on. If they are sold before you get your order in, donā€™t worry, we have worked out all the production issues and it will not be long before the following batch is finished.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the max size battery pack it can fit then with the 18650ā€™s?

60 cells I do believe. 12s5p or 10s6p.

4 Likes

@Sender is correct but keep in mind to do this you must use an original 4.12 VESC or our modifier version with direct FETs. The 60 cells completely fill the two outer channels as shown in this photo we posted earlier. https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/833a0164f2a1daf35520123efb3b1277/5C536BC6/t51.2885-15/e35/42187880_2068373619891871_8919561319625371522_n.jpg

12 Likes

@uigiroux so in other words, if using something like a FOCBOX you would have to eat some cell space.

Easy fix: run Ollin Motor controllers.

How convenient! You can order from one place!

9 Likes

Or put some cells on the middle compartment, a lot more complicated to build the pack, but would work

2 Likes

I wonder if it would be possible to shave off a few mm in the outside pockets so they can accommodate 2170ā€™sā€¦?

The board doesnā€™t need to withstand hours and hours in a high pressure shower or being submerged in a puddle, it just needs to get you home without damage if you get caught in the rain.

Honestly riding the the rain is suicide on urethane anyway. I have never once fallen on dry roads, but Iā€™ve received a significant amount of wet concrete kisses against my poor knees and elbows. :confounded:

2 Likes

Structurally speaking, would routing the cells cutout wide enough to fit 2170ā€™s make a huge difference? Also, how deep is the cutout??

I mean, I am definitely not the person to answer this, but I am sure you could figure out something with the right amount ofā€¦ drive?

But, why not just make it an 18650 build as intended?

Whenever there is a cell that is more widely adopted in our community that is both economically and pratically available, I have no doubt @chaka will be ready and willing to jump on the bandwagon and have a bad ass deck design catered to it.

9 Likes

@uigiroux the only modifications we are making to the decks are the addition of the anti-spark switch and charge port on the rail of the board. In order to modify the board to fit the larger batteries it would take a complete redesign. This will not be the last deck we design and will take into consideration the larger batteries in the future.

6 Likes