Carvon Discussion

I backed the REVO 4wd. $1700. there’s a video about 200 comments back of someone who received theirs and love it. I don’t believe it’s a scam what I do believe is that it’s unacceptable on any level 2 take a whole bunch of people’s money for a project and stop communicating and responding to emails just because you’re really busy. Or, you don’t have a good answer to those emails. I also feel like you’re beholden to these individuals who took a risk on you to deliver. Biting off more than he can chew sounds like a pretty good bet but no communicating is BS. I really hope I get my board but I feel like somebody should know there’s a whole lot of unhappy customers who spent thousands of dollars and have been ignored.

I agree with your feeling since you are new to this forum and have never seen any update, but those of us who have been here for a long time knows it’s not a scam but a horrible customer service and the R&D cause failure that he needed to address and he had this mentality of “no news is good news” that definitely is not great from a business and customer standpoint.

It’s a long read, but if you read up, you will see some comments on the delays. CarvOn is @LEVer on this forum. He was actively responding here like a month ago but have gone silent again once parts arrived.

I think this was the first post from him, click the little arrow UP and it’ll take you to that date and you can scroll down and read what’s happening:

EVOs are being made by Damon/LongHairedBoy. Last we heard, he was working on four of them. Not sure what the current status is though.

1 Like

Not a scam, just a really disappointing way to do business. I have ordered all three types of motors now. When I ordered the exo motors back in like Feb or March they came within a week. I sent them back because I decided to buy a second xL motor which I eventually traded to go 4wd. The SD took several months but they finally came when everyone else started getting theirs. Ordered the XL back in November or early December and they are just now being sent out. I feel your pain man but it’s not a scam in the sense that you won’t ever receive your product. You should just get your money back through your card company and move on. Unfortunately this has become all to common in the Esk8 industry. Small beginning companies get preorders to get the startup funds and then get too optimistic about delivery dates. Ending with this same kind of situation. I could name 10 companies right now that have had similar issues. I guess communication is the biggest issue with Carvon. The only company that never actually gave me a product was Marbel. Over 3 years and no board or communication. That’s a scam.

3 Likes

I was scammed by PLASTC card on Kickstarter a few years back. Lost $125, they obtained $9 MILLION USD from backers and investors, delivered nothing and had constant updates, then one day the update was that they are filing for bankruptcy and closing down…somehow 9 million dollars was not enough for R&D. You know the “CEO” went off on some island with the cash. Now THAT’s a scam.

CarvOn is just like a mad scientist that works in the lab and not talk to anyone or bathes for months. @LEVer

4 Likes

I knew my motors had a weird funk to them when they arrived. I thought I was imagining it! :joy:

1 Like

I don’t understand why he won’t give updates. I know it’s not that he can’t. You only need a couple of minutes to post something. Unless ofcourse you’re gonna fabricate some crap excuse.

In case somebody missed it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes he’s busy working right now… but surely he can set some of the $$$funds aside and at the very least hire a part time administrator to keep all customers on all platforms updated with an eta delivery /delays

This lack of communication @lever damages the brand and undermines all the good work you are doing.

1 Like

Yeah, this. Seriously, what if I want to buy something as an upgrade for this when it finally arrives. I’m pretty much not going to do it since I have no idea how long it’s going to take to arrive. That’s not good for the brand.

I’m considering selling my XLs that are brand new. PM me an offer.

Where are you at?

US, Atlanta, GA

You mind swapping spots? I’m local. Only thing I’m missing for my last build for over 6 months…

Spoke with Jerry last night. He now reccomends that you do not use adapters to connect the six shooters to V4 speeddrives. He’s going to post a thread soon to show how to connect without the extra adapters.

1 Like

Carvons adapters or psycotillers?

These ones that used to be available through their site. Said not to use them.

2 Likes

Sorry @PXSS . they sold

Selling my V4 SD, never mounted, never powered up.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I’ve waited 1.6 months and counting. Jerry definitely bit more than he can chew. This is not my first board. I waited for the Boasted 1st and 2nd gen, Raptor 2 and the Bajaboard but I never had this much doubt like I’m feeling now from all those boards combined. He can definitely learn a thing a thing or two from Jason at Enertion about being transparent to the their customers. Don’t give me he’s too busy building bs. Was he too busy accept our money? A reply or an update once a day or every other day is not too much ask.

3 Likes

What size are the bullet connectors on the xl’s