Carvon Discussion

What the fuck is this

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you. I sent him my v3s over 5 months ago. I haven’t gotten a response from him in 3 months.

2 Likes

Sad very sad

I have the exo (torque drive) and it started producing that noise, too. Cleaning/lubing the bearings seems to have (so far) taken care of the issue…

I thought it was impossible to tear down the drive?

Oh, I mean the rear wheel bearings, not the drive.

the battery values should be whatever is safe for your pack, divided by 2 if dual vesc.

• for discharge, 30q is rated for 15a, 20a seems okay based on internet wisdom. If your pack is built to handle it, 5*20=100a. If dual 50a each.

• for charge, samsung says .5a normal charge 4a fast charge. The safe value for batt min is 54a=-20a. You can likely push this without harm, but you’re out of the safe zone. The super safe value is 5.5a=-2.5a

For motor amps, I believe if you have the motor temperature sensors hooked up, it’ll throttle when hot, so you can wander into higher values somewhat safely?

1 Like

The sound comes from the drive not the wheel unfortunately

most of the time it’s the little spacer or the bearing right next to the Motor can

1 Like

With my V3s they made a similar noise, and I surrounded each gear hub tooth in electric tape and it seemed to snug up the fitment

1 Like

I mean there’s no freewheel as well I can feel each magnet when I turn the wheel

I rode my board for a bit last night, i’ve gotta say, im surprised how smooth it is. Although the sound is still there and id like to get that sorted.

@ElskerShadow did you tighten the wheel nut all the way? I did that when i first put in the wheels and realized that one of the motors wasn’t as free as without the wheel. Im used to bearing spacers so i always crank down on the nut, but i dont believe the motor has a spacer inside so if you crank the nut it will deform either the outside or inside bearing.

I had the same clicking weird noise on one side of my drive. It started after a few miles of riding. Felt like something was loose in there. Could also feel every magnet when spinning and that reduced freewheel for that side.

I loosened the wheel nut a bit and retightened, and now the weird noise and magnetic feel are gone! I will take it for a spin later today to see if it starts happening again.

1 Like

@Exiledd_Top @LEVer i just read on the carvon site this:

NOTICE: Do not spin motors without putting the wheels on and locking with the axle nuts first.

What is that about?

1 Like

i think its so when you do motor detection you account for the wheels being on there. or gettting hit by a wheel maybe :joy::joy:

@Exiledd_Top @LEVer should we be doing motor detection with wheels on? I read somewhere that it should be done with nothing on the axle

I wish there was some more information, like ANY information at all. Service manual, cleaning, etc…

1 Like

I’m not sure of the importance of motor detection without pulleys, I generally just remove the heavy wheel and do detection, that has worked as far as I know. For the Carvons I left the wheel adapter on and detection worked as well.

Maybe the whole “do not spin motor” thing is just a precaution as the wheel and axle nut presses everything together?

sounds like a loose magnet scraping.

is there a way to open it up and inspect?

nope no way to check unfortunately :sweat_smile: