Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

literally putting this on top of my longboard

1 Like

Oh and forgot to ask. How should I put Dual VESCS? anyone got a Diagram?

You connect them in parallel. Theres many useful threads if you search for “dual vesc, how to” or something like that

Okay this question is veeery offtopic question: is there free 3d modelling software to design 3d prints (.stl files) for mac?

https://www.google.fi/amp/s/m.all3dp.com/1/best-free-cad-software-2d-3d-cad-programs-design/

2 Likes

Have you looked at fusion 360, think it works with mac

yes but how can i get it for free?

It is free, for hobbyists and students I thnk

1 Like

Just plugged in a foc box I bought about 8 months ago for the first time. No combinations of the 3 wires will make the wheel spin properly in either direction. It makes crazy noises with some of them and studders hard. I tried a different focbox on the motors and it works perfectly. Any thoughts? I thought maybe the solder from one of the bullet connectors came off?

I assume you did the motor detection? I have had VESC’s that were new out if the box that didn’t do anything until configured. They aren’t a plug-&-play product.

Yes did motor detection.

The BLDC motor detection was successful? Can you try an FOC detection?

1 Like

Like @mmaner said Try foc I had to put mine in FOC to get the sensors to detect

1 Like

I’ll try that sometime this week thanks

Wondering if anyone has experience: is a 10S2P 30Q pack linked with a 6374 motor and Torque ESC too small to take on somewhat large hills (~15% grade) without any components overheating? Wondering if battery is too small to dissipate heat.

Hi guys,

I have bought a a pulley and belts kit from Ebay for my MBS ALL TERRAIN wheels. However when i putting them on my caliber 2 trucks, the whole in the pulley stopped the wheel from going on fully, it needs to be a thicker bore. I’m in the Uk and not to sure what to buy because i don’t want them not fitting. Many thanks in advance

Cheers

depents on the length of the hill and your weight too

next noob Question. How do I wire the Vescs to the BMS, so that I dont bypass the BMS. (Bestech HCX-D596)

didn‘t you get a wringing diagram with your bms? Bestech usually include a drawing.

Output through the p- port instead of coming directly from the B- cells in the battery