Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

When configuring FOC settings for my vescs, is it important that the motors have their belts on? When the FOC runs itā€™s test functions to detect resistance, inductance, etcā€¦ is it important to have the drag of the wheel and wheel pulley felt by the vesc tool?

20190613_151615

Hi donā€™t no if Iā€™m posting in the right place but can anyone tell me what all the extra plugs are on this esc? Im new zealand based and Iā€™ve bought this deck from a local supplierā€¦ it looks to be a clone of the halo board version 1ā€¦ if that helps??

Empty ones are you talking about?

No itā€™s not. Actually better to have them off, that way the extra resistance to spinning doesnā€™t have a chance to skew the readings.

Yea m8e ā€¦ all the ones plugged in are the motors and on button and so onā€¦ well i havenā€™t unplugged anythingā€¦ just wondering what all the extras are for?

1 Like

Some versions of pre built boards have different models but use the same basic electronics. Could be take offs for lights/logging modules anything really. Without knowing the particular board its very hard to tell.

20190604_132420 Chur churā€¦ yea it fully looks like a halo skateboard but its branded with monty skateboardsā€¦ www.montyboards.com is there web address ā€¦ long story short Iā€™d ask the supplier but we already butted headsā€¦ and honestly I donā€™t think he would have a clue.

20190604_132410

I found a picture of a halo skateboard inside online too ā€¦ n the esc looks a lot different to this oneā€¦

1 Like

What are you trying to do? Connect something?

To be honest Iā€™m just trying to find out what they mite beā€¦ Long story shortā€¦ i bought this board a month ago nowā€¦ and Iā€™m on my second oneā€¦ the first one i got a 20km distance ride out of then i came home n charged it and the charger started flashing green and red after an hourā€¦ where the charge time is meant to be 3 hoursā€¦ then when i went for the next ride I got 8km distance and the board diedā€¦ I got sent a replacement and it done the same thingā€¦ so the supplier offered half the cost n keep the second board as a refundā€¦ now Iā€™m here tryn work out the best hack for me to go fordā€¦ I found a local ebike supplier with a trickle charger so Iā€™m gonna get them to try bring back the battery but yea not holding my breath

1 Like

Youā€™ve been chinesed. Crap electronics especially the battery. Upgrade the battery for starters. Then begins the slippery slope to homelessness.

Bro I love my Chinese clone shitā€¦ i play with a lot dev boards n chips n shit in my spare time ( That shits already nearly made me homeless brošŸ˜) ā€¦ Iā€™m so gonna try hack this thingā€¦ pretty sure Iā€™ve found where i need to add some pins so i can usb it to the computer. And if i cook it i cook it it worth the try. . but yeaā€¦ I fully here youā€¦ was just hoping someone had come across this esc build beforeā€¦ I havenā€™t been able to find any images or reference info anywhere

1 Like

Any place in Eu I could find 16t 10mm bore pulleys, for not 50 euros with fast shiping like eskating offers?

What belt size?

What do people use to cut nickel strips and get a clean cuts?

Hdtm5

10char

Ik, but I meant the belt width. What is your belt width?

Iā€™m sorry, itā€™s 15mm

There you go. 28,41 alltogether (itā€™s made by them) And glue it on the shaft with green loctite.

I would say that at least one of those plugs will certainly be an interface of some kind. You may be onto something but Iā€™m sure the software you would need to make changes will be proprietary.