Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I want to add TVS diode to my build (im using Flipsky Vesc 4.12 and 10s4p lipo + DieBieMS) where exactly should i put it and what are the specs of the diode ( i mean V, A , W)

Man I had to jump through hoops to get on over there, I had to create a gmail account in order to receive the confirmation email, it wouldn’t send anything to yahoo no matter what

My user name there is alpacaslapper

2 Likes

That is without a doubt my favourite username so far.:laughing:

1 Like

Hello guys I need your help I got a free skateboard that doesn’t charge the battery at all, but if plugged can still move. Here the photo of the battery. I wanted to change them but cannot find the same so I was wondering any solution? The big issue is that similar batteries are bigger in size. I was thinking probably I can buy some 18650 already packed? Thanks a lot for your help image

1 Like

Hi, anyone know from where orangatang will be ship if i buy from their website? US/EU?

Thats an old lead acid 12v thing. 2 together I’m guessing. If you want like for like then look at 12v motorcycle batteries or if you want to upgrade it completely then you could chuck 2 3s lipos in there. Then the motor controller will blow probably. Then you can put in a 6s car esc. Wait have we gone back to 2014? In the scheme of things that old tech is probably not worth throwing money at to be honest

2 Likes

The issue is that the motorbike batteries are too big, so I was thinking something more like the overboard batteries… I’m completely newbie so instead of build by myself I prefer something ready to plug. Ok in this case probably throw it is the only thing to do?

1 Like

I was only finding it amusing because this how this odyssey started for me. An old lead acid battery powered esk8. I chucked dollar after dollar into it and it did turn out to be fun but for the money? No way. Easiest way forward is to go lipo and connect them in series with a ready made loom from somewhere like Hobbyking. All you would have to do then is change the connector on the esc. At least you will then have something you can use in a future build and it will be fun.

1 Like

Can you link me the different parts? Because I really have no idea what they are and which I should chose, and because I’m living in japan if they are available on amazon or Aliexpress is better

Is it MAD REVEL? If so, this link may be useful. It seems to be a battery for motorcycles.

1 Like

I’m thinking about building a dual setup where one motor will have sensors and the other won’t. Is it possible to configure the vesc of the 2nd motor such that it only applies power when the motor/wheel is already moving at a certain speed? Would the min. ERPM or min. duty cycle settings suffice?

1 Like

Yes thats possible. You won’t need to do any clever vesc tool shenanigans. The sensored motor will turn the non sensored and as such give it direction. Sensors only tell the vesc what direction the motor is spinning. Sensors are unnecessary imho. Once you learn how to set up correctly you will find that they aren’t needed. I use bldc only and no sensors and I don’t have an issue with cogging at all, if you use foc its even easier to set up for smooth set offs.

Unfortunately no is not that model and scooter batteries are too big to fit into

The setup would get me moving from standstill, that is absolutely certain. However, when I am starting from a dead stop or even rolling slightly backward and immediately apply power to both motors, the unsensored motor will still cog until I reach a certain speed. I would like to avoid this by setting the second vesc such that it only engages if the motor is already moving at a certain speed in the right direction.

1 Like

Mine will do that from a back roll but all it needs is a hip flick to get them smooth. Its unusual to get cogging on one motor once the board is moving. I wouldn’t know how to set a differential throttle response across 2 motors though so hopefully someone else will chime in to help.

1 Like

Might also be that I am overthinking this issue. At the moment, I have only one motor so I can’t tell how the board would behave with such a setup. Therefore, you’re probably correct that it won’t be a huge deal :wink:

1 Like

hey anyone now where i can get these belts the company i bought em from is selling em for 33 dollars for two belts there 15mm wide image

vbeltsupply.com does a good job.

Here’s a link to the belt you’re looking for.

4 Likes

thanks man have it bookmarked

vbeltguys.com is cheaper but takes a few days longer (in my case at least)

4 Likes