Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Ok but I would definitely start slow if this is your first eboard.

Thanks for the reply. It is because of that I don’t have any plans on building anything using it. I just had a wild thought and couldn’t get it out of my head unless I knew it could be done.

1 Like

It’s my third, I own two production boards. I decided to look into DIY because I couldn’t find a production board with the specs I want.

1 Like

I still wouldn’t go the high of kv with that battery may blow the unity you may want to confirm with enertion about the erpm limit

1 Like

ok, will do.

What speed does your other eboards do?? 40 could be a huge step up. A 10 mph difference is a lot more then you think.

With you’re configuration the ERPM would be 13 (batteries in series) * 4.2 (Volts of fully charged battery) * 190 (kv of motor) * 7 (likely number of poles in motor) = 72618. A good rule of thumb is to be under 60,000. Edit: This is all from information I’ve gotten on the forum and not first hand.

my fastest eboard goes 26, I have done a little above 30 while downhilling with my longboard (ive been longboarding since I was sixteen, only eboarding for a year though)

1 Like

Which top speed you plan to reach?

40 minimum brut preferably closer to 45

What? Eggs per min? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Salimanders per gekko actually (aka miles per hour)

I misspelled both those words lol

3 Likes

I‘m not a enertion engineer, but I don’t think that a erpm or 72 000 is a problem for the unity

1 Like

So I heard, I was recommended the unity on my original forum post asking for ESC and motor guidance.

Big plans! Just keep in mind that with 13s you on the hard voltage limit of your vesc/focbox what ever you use as esc. There a some people running boards with 13s but non the less it‘s hard limit. So any voltage spikes could fry your drv.

voltage spikes as in starting on a hill or breaking at high speed?

Or just switching on your board with full charged battery. Long wires can cause voltage spikes in that moment.

Unity seems a good thing, but it is a dual controller. Vesc6 would be a good opportunity too.

1 Like

I have heard both VESC 6 and Unity from different people, I’m not sure which one I should choose.

There pluses and minuses in both. The unity will be cheaper.

You have used the calc for this knowledge I’m guessing? 12s with 190 kv will get you to 40+ mph with the correct gearing. When you input the information into the calc it gives you the nominal voltage and not the full charge voltage. A 12s battery at full charge is 50.4 v not 42v and this will get you over 40 with 15/36 gearing dropping off over the discharge cycle.

1 Like