No Longer Just Gauging Interest: Maytech 100A ESC Group Buy

They have a Heatsink-only version that is smaller. Still too big though:

imageimage

I heard they’re making a duel version though that’s going to be released in a month or two

Yeah, they’re taking pre-orders now.

https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/flipsky-dual-fsesc-6-6-based-upon-vesc®-6-heat-sink

I think the heat sink version would be perfectly fine sized if one was to remove the xt90 and solder on normal power cable leads like normal. I would even bet that you could request it that way, and without the heat sink, and someone from the forum could develop a proper sized enclosure/heat sink like @LukePL did for the ESCape’s. That would solve the size issue and give it a much better cooling system.

Plus, like with the dual enclosure for the dual ESCape’s, you could just put two single FSESC 6’s in there, so if one breaks, you don’t have to send the whole thing out for repair. Would actually even be cheaper than getting a Flipsky dual FSESC 6. They’re offering an intro price of $300 for the dual, but it will soon go up to $350, while the single with heatsink is $159, so two would cost $318. Not sure why the dual is going to cost $32 more than two singles… I thought the point of getting something like that was it offered a bit of savings over buying two individual units… so kinda confused with their pricing here. Anyway, if you were able to get a single ordered without a heatsink, and the xt90 for your power supply, it’s possible they may even offer them for less, bringing them closer to $150, or $300 for two. If you could get someone to design a case /heatsink for singles and duals, that would make them so much more appealing I think. Plus they wouldn’t be much larger in the enclosure then the current VESC 6, or the dual ESCape’s as they are actually pretty similar in size once you get rid of the huge case they offer, or on the heat sink version, getting rid of the xt90 saves a few mm, lol. Anyway, sorry for the long rant, lol, that’s just my 2 cents :smile:

1 Like

Have you published a review of the MTVESC100A somewhere yet ? How does it handle high current (80A continuous for example) ?

1 Like

We are testing 2 more esc units ( flipsky duel and the mini 50a ) once they are done we will publish a report. As for the Maytech 100a it’s a power house. It will handle it. So far everything we have thrown at it it’s taken like a champ. it’s the most bang for your buck.

1 Like

That’s great, I can’t wait, thanks for the feedback ! What max current have you continuously thrown at it ?

The Maytech we have got up to 80a 38v on a bench test. DC power supply’s max for one minute on Maytech 6374 170kv and barely warm In foc. Only way to stop it, is to beat it with a hammer.

So, I’ve received my Maytech ESC rated for 100A continuous and it is not as great as yoou might hope…

As you can see on the metr datas record, the ESC went from 30°C to 76°C (where it starts lowering the output power) within 23 seconds at 70A continuous. I’m pretty disapointed about these datas since it’s supposed to handle 100A without cooling whatsoever…

2 Likes

why am i not surprised…

1 Like

I may have the culprit One of the units I had heated up fast and after a close examination: I found application film on the heat pad. The same problem the focbox was having. In production they didn’t remove the plastic film. I would check yours for this.

This piece of plastic fill will stop the transfer of heat from your components to the aluminum. Please check your unit for it. @longhairedboy @somaht21
@mixedcreation image

1 Like