No Longer Just Gauging Interest: Maytech 100A ESC Group Buy

They are available and I have some coming in by the first of next week. I also have some duel units to test from maytech. These will be the 50a and after their new remotes drop they will double back and do a 100a duel.

1 Like

What is the price point on these and the 50a duals out of interest?

Ooo new remotes, nice. Their old ones were a little iffy on signal interfance when riding in major cities.

This is the test unit from maytech, some stuff will change. But the are shooting for 200$ on the 50a and about 250$ One the 100a in a few months.image

3 Likes

I have some 3D renderings of the remote. I will post.

And flip has a duel coming out this month.

I just read an email from the rep It will be a duel 6.6 unit 100a and I can get test units on the 8th

2 Likes

Honestly out of the 6 new units I tested the maytech 100a set up was dreamy. For real, I didn’t have to alter anything no amps or duty to detect in bldc and then after completing that doubled back and detection in foc. Real smooth, only updated the firmware. The flips you have to install bootloader and update the vesc tool. But that was on the first units. They have installed bootloader at factory now. I have a unit being tested on a build and should have a report soon.

3 Likes

Only asking as they are not on the website as yet unless I’m having a boy look.

Correct, I’m going to put the maytech unit up tonight on the site. I just got pricing confirmation on those. The flips I’m waiting on bulk price sheet. But for comparison prices. I’m going to offer the maytech 100a will be less than focboxs by a few dollars. 5-10$ The flipsky peps are shooting high so I’m sweating them out a bit. But I think I can get them out the door at 160-165 and that would be for the fsesc6.6 with heatsink. The others are the tank 6.6 in full aluminum case and the clone super esc 50a. Those will always be the most affordable. 90$ ish

2 Likes

imageimageimage

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the final design. It is supposed to give basic info speed, volts on a led screen I believe is the white strip on the side.

1 Like

isn‘t this the same wowgo, winboard etc remote?

I think thats our forum 3d printed arduino remote clone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes I suspect so. It is suppose to be water proof. And compatible with vesc6 Able to give basic info like speed and voltage
A long battery life. As for the look I’m not to impressed. I’m pretty sure its not final design. So far. I have not found the perfect remote. The search continues, but I will say this. If the companies continue to try and take note of what’s being said on the forum from us. They will get closer to a reliable temote for esk8 Trust me. They are watching. If you have suggestions please give them.

This post formatting makes me want to read it like poetry :smile:

5 Likes

140$ for the 100a single and the duel is in production now. The duel will be 250-350 range. The 50a being lower and the 100a higher.

1 Like

@hyperIon1, do you know if the Max erpm has changed with the 100a?

No, it’s still 100000.00MAX and -100000.00REV for the single units. I believe the 100a duel they are working on ( coming later this year may first of next ) will be higher ( possible ) a few of us that work with Maytech have brought it up. The duel 50a may have some improvements as well. I have a test unit coming.

The Flip Skys we got are finally on a board.

The problem with them is that they’re so fucking huge I can’t use them in anything. So i gave them to @jayx to put on his gigantic surfboard sized street deck.

underneath them is a box with a 12S pack he scavenged from old cells laying around. I forget what motors are on there, but its got Popocas on TorqueBoards trucks with my mounts.

The brakes are really, really good. The acceleration is smooth and predictable, and it seems to be running 3.x software, i forget exactly which version.

They’re just too goddamned big. They belong on a go-kart or scooter or something. Maybe even a bike. A single drive board would work too, or maybe a pair of these sitting opposite sides of the pack in a diual diagonal config. But they don’t fit in my shit for sure.

3 Likes