Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

How is the camber for riding? My only deck I’ve ever used has zero camber, and my only exposure to longboarding has been esk8. Honestly, at this point that’s the only reason I haven’t thrown my money @Hummie.

What trucks have been confirmed to work with this deck in drop-down?

I’m thinking of Paris 195 or Torqueboard 218. I like the ride on Paris trucks but it seems hard to find motor mounts that work well.

What trucks are you guys running? Motor mounts?

@thiswasandy if u want i can post pics, but confimed, already i have skated this deck w/ 30 degree surfrodz and 6x2 pnumatics with 0 wheel bite in drop through… I have a set of TB 218mm if u want i can swap those on real fast

1 Like

Haha thanks man. Man those surfrodz are money!

Whenever you get a chance to swap out that would be cool, no biggie. I’m sure a lot of people here want to know and I’m sure more will buy the deck. Such a slim profile for components begs for a nice drop down for that lowrider and planted feel!

7 Likes

New cheap Paris mount. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-designed-a-motor-mount-for-sale-looking-for-review/59212?u=winfly

1 Like

Question. Is the tyres grooves facing the right way? I got mine the other way around.

2 Likes

Good spot. These are indeed the wrong way round in this picture. They’re now changed.

3 Likes

All those teaser shots… Where’s the money shot? :slight_smile:

(thanks for posting the guide)

im working on it all day today. hopefully i can get the last layer of black glass today and i’ll post pics in the guide page and here

1 Like

Just got a belt sander, going to make the cutout nice and straight and smooth :smile:

2 Likes

Just took care of my bank deposits. stopping at 5 guys, then home to send @Hummie moneys.

Almost have all my parts to start building my first DIY esk8!!! Then I can take this riptide r1 to the skate park and ride it to death. Lol

3 Likes

@Hummie payment sent from [email protected] via PayPal. Can’t wait. Thank you

1 Like

@psychotiller is your enclosure still gonna fit the new wider cutout?

As promised… it’s curing

received_10216525954405481

5 Likes

Mine overlaps quite a bit. (over an inch)

2 Likes

Awesome, @psychotiller you should be getting an order from me in the next week. MAYBE 2 weeks. Enclosure, battery and maybe a remote. Then I’lll have everything I need to start my build.

1 Like

So… ive been playing with hummies idea of click in style battery for his deck… I’m gonna have to route out a good inch worth of material maybe more (using the available parts I have on hand that is) but its doable…

1532032322580880582969 15320326384011631265491

1 Like

@Holyman92 and @Hummie Have you guys considered using copper rivets? I came across this idea a while back. Just need to figure out a way of applying constant pressure with the foam. Maybe attached the rivets to a solid piece of copper?

I’ve stumbled across these on Ali Express, they are even silver coated to improve electric conductivity. There are also a bunch of configurations and some that are threaded.

1 Like

i may have to give this a try… my only concearn is if its too thin and it melts