New TB110 Really Big Wheels

lol i had 2

2 Likes

The kegel-style Labeda cores are very suitable for these wheels.

Do you have any test results with malfunctioning cores? Why is the name of the company a secret?

Actually, it just sounds like hot-air facebook marketing jive designed to keep the cash spigot on because they donā€™t feel like innovating right now. Too much work.

Loaded boards

Edit - wow you guys are so defensive. These are not my comments or based on any of my knowledge of the situarion. I just wanted to say thats what I have been told

No, itā€™s just weā€™ve seen the Moment Wheels marketers around here already and we know they are 100% marketing and 0% wheel science

Thatā€™s also called Fake News, Bullshit, Snake Oil, or Conman

1 Like

The reason why they donā€™t want to go with a kegel core is because they obviously want their own custom core that would be solely their own. Honestly, I donā€™t know why they didnā€™t do that in the first place considering how big of a company they are.

1 Like

Yes, they donā€™t want you to be able to change their wheels. They want you vendorlocked. This has nothing to do with which wheel core is better at riding on the road, and everything to do with which wheel core steers the most money their direction.

1 Like

Thats not what they have said to me, they said they have been evaluating it and they do not think the core is strong enough for bigger wheels. I could pull a quote.

Ive been here for nearly 2 years, built a few things and been hanging around a bit. Your attitude isnt conducive to good debate guys. Calling out fake news, bullshit snake oil or conman because someone goes against the hive mind is a bit shit.

Edit, and yes they will bring out their own pulley. The only way they could vendor lock you is by building the pulley into the wheel so I dont think its that

A claim that hasnā€™t even happened or not even a single known issue. Isnā€™t really a debate either.

Personally, I see no issue with a kegel core for a 110mm wheel and/if not even larger. Any issues, weā€™ll give you a brand new set + your money back.

I guess, eventually weā€™ll find out what the real motive is behind why they said that.

10 Likes

The real truth is that the little kegel core gives you more room for that deep, bouncy 'thane. The deeper, the better. The bouncier, the better.

And it doesnā€™t come with a side-order of ā€œvendorlockā€. Just solid, tested longboard wheels specifically designed for the electric type.

9 Likes

Im glad you can stand by your products @torqueboards man. Im not knocking your wheels - hope thats clear?

Im really not sure where this vendorlocking is coming from - if they pulley isnt part of the core how are you vendorlocked? You can design a pulley for any core. I call fake news, bullshit, snake oil conman on your vendorlocking claims.

Im out guys, have a good evening :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, I know lol :smile: @b264 goes :crazy_face: then need to :snowflake: the room down. You talk bad about kegel cores. :scream:

Excited for their new wheel core either way.

5 Likes

With both Ollin Popocas at 90mm and Boas at 100, Iā€™ve never heard of a core braking nor urethane separating. 90mm isnā€™t much more that 85 and I suppose there arenā€™t too many Boas out there but I havenā€™t heard of issues.

I guess weā€™ll see how the 110mm tb wheels do with even more 'thane than Loaded says is suitable. While I donā€™t think it will be an issue only time and abuse will tell.

2 Likes

The core used by Labeda is made with a 30% DuPont Glass Nylon injection mould. Weā€™ve got a lot of Boa wheels out there on customer boards and have been working on our wheel development for over 3 years.

The way Labeda bond the core to the wheel is extremely strong and weā€™ve never had a single wheel delaminate from the core coming out of a production tool.

16 Likes

PM sent, is VImportant.

1 Like

@torqueboards Are there any plans on making kegel pulleys in a size that would be more appropriate for the really big wheels? Currently I can only find 36T in your webshop, which is a bit small for 110mm wheels. 40T would be nice, 44T even better. (I can see you have 40T for ABEC but not for Kegel.)

4 Likes

And here Iā€™m looking for a 32t lol

6 Likes

@janpom Yeah, Iā€™m a little slow but weā€™ll have some 2pc pulleys soon with multiple options 32 36 40 44.

@Battosaii 32t was actually an option too :smile:

6 Likes

@torqueboards any news about the DD & TB100 shipping, weā€™re already nearly mid march now :wink:

2 Likes

@FredXanadu Yupā€¦ Almost thereā€¦ Donā€™t blame me. Days come too fast. :sob:

But yeah, everything should be on track. Mid March might be cutting it as we want to double check a few things but everything should ship out by end of the month. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Both DD et TB110 will be shipped before the end of the month ?