New TB110 Really Big Wheels

Hi guys :wave:

We are finalizing the production order so we’ll be starting very shortly. Shouldn’t be too long to finish only to cure.

I’ll update when I get a more concrete date. It’s in progress though.

17 Likes

Hello :call_me_hand: Just a another friendly status update poke @torqueboards :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

ETA seems to be about mid/end of March that these wheels should be done :smile:

10 Likes

Clearly still in the oven… almost ready image

28 Likes

What is the estimated time between product being finished to them being shipped to pre-orders?

@s5300 - Usually a 1-2 week gap. We want the wheels to cure after production for a bit. Then shipping out will be usually next few days.

Once they are in-stock in the warehouse. Price will go up to $135. They are at $110, currently.

4 Likes

@b264 Sorry if this has been discussed before. Would you mind sharing your experience with how these compare to the boa wheels?

1 Like

They are softer than the Boa wheels and more plush. These wheels are big. They are very big. They’re wide enough and tall enough and soft enough to give a nice ride while still not having the battery-gobbling range-appetite of pneumatics. They’re great, really.

The Boa wheels are really good and the TB wheels are really good. I think it just depends what size range you’re looking for. These TB110 are as close as you can get to pneumatics without losing all the range and without adding extra failure modes (eg: flat tires).

These wheels are my new go-to wheel once they are available.

11 Likes

Weird, out of left field question.

Do you think these would handle the wear and tear as a wheel on a 1:5 helacial gear setup?

I’m really looking to have a urethane option for my board, but I have to make sure the wheel is worthy (sorry to doubt Dexter, I just think it’s alot to ask of a soft urethane wheel).

What do you think?

And tbf with such a high ratio and “small” wheels I would be turning the settings down… So… If that impacts your answer… :joy::joy:.

Thanks for the help :pray::pray::pray:

Also designing a quick switch adapter for the jenso drive is on my list of to dos :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

These cores are super-strong. I don’t think you’re going to break the cores. If that’s what you’re asking. I’d much rather do something like that on this or a Boa wheel than on other very popular brands with spoked cores. The wheel will definitely break traction before anything breaks. Definitely.

3 Likes

110mm is the new frontier. Something less …will be uncivilized!

4 Likes

110mm is big, but the contact patch is part of what makes these. They are super wide

20181028_223656

3 Likes

Thick, wide, bouncy, large. Heck! I say the limit for big uro wheels should be between 110mm to 135mm.

1 Like

the interesting thing is there is a large brand that use the same core (if this is the same core, im making assumptions here) that have found that the core is not strong enough for wheels past 85mm. They are reevaluating and will come to market with their own bigger wheels but it will not be with the kegel pulley as we know it.

Great reply, just want I needed to hear :slight_smile:

Time to ask Jenso what the clearance will be :eyes:

1 Like

@BigBrit You might be referring to another core. Kegel cores have been tested on 90mm and 100mm for a long time now and there’s no mention of the cores failing.

4 Likes

Im so excited to get these, originaly got popacas trying to save money but with the amount of praise @b264 has been giving these I just had to get them.

1 Like

Who are you talking about? Because if it’s Kegel, that sounds like facebook marketing jive designed not to be truthful, but only to keep the cash flowing since they don’t offer any options past 85mm.

The kegel-style core is very, very strong. I’ve never had a loose bearing seat in a kegel core. Additionally, making the core bigger for a bigger wheel might certainly lower the cost but at the expense of polyurethane depth. This TB110 wheel has deep polyurethane – and at 31mm deep, it’s unmatched by any other wheel on the market. Sure, increasing the core size would lower the production cost but I don’t think it would make a better longboard wheel. The kegel-style Labeda core is extremely strong. It’s much stronger than spoked cores.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is that the kegel is much stronger than the abec? Just to be clear. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@torqueboards @b264 im not refering to another core, im refering to the kegel core. All I said was a large producer of wheels have tested them and say they are not suitable for large diameter wheels im not trying to do torqueboards down, the wheels look amazing guys.