New name for VESC Poll- copyright issue with current name

Here’s to a brave new world, my friend.

BTW when these things are finally available I’d like to make them an option for my boards. The idea of a super-hardened off-road ready VESC that can probably also handle the street with grace and attitude as well really makes me happy inside.

I’ll make you a few in the US that are not super marked up because of a TM. They shall be called the FUKYEA ESC. With red boards and shizz

4 Likes

hopefully this Trampa and Vedder deal will go as smoothly as Earth, Wind, and Ozzy.

i’m going to make one in a mirror chrome finish with black symbols all over it and call it Skatan’s Big Balls ESC and have a picture of big red balls on it too. And maybe they also come with some little rubber dangly balls you can hang from the back of your board like they do on pickup trucks.

4 Likes

Akira, we will publish 85% of the design. The 15% missing are the specific parts that need moulding tools, costing a fortune and might be outdated very soon. In the end our PCB layout is super specific to fit in a super specific casing, specific to the mounting patterns we designed for our boards, which are not OS. So maybe its better to publish a PCB that has slots for mounting a random heat sink and having holes to mount it to something. Its always hard to balance things out perfectly, so that everyone is happy in the end. As I told you already, you can share the spirit if you like but there is no obligation. The Open Hardware approach is highly debatable and some have other opinions than you. Benjamin for example has a quite relaxed opinion about Open Hardware. Like it or not. He doesn’t give a lot about it as you can read in his statement. He doesn’t believe in the “one shoe fits all”, nor me. VESCs are found in machines that are not OS and there is a cover over the product development of the hardware. The world has maybe seen more than 100 different designs of VESCs and only a few are available under CC. So many special applications out there… Who could follow that up. We have seen HEX, round, triangle and double layer designs, with and without heat sink, simple versions and high spec versions, robot versions and skate versions and bike versions and dual versions and balance board versions… endless.

If you want to complain about that, you need to speak to Benjamin, who is of another opinion than you.

Frank

1 Like

For $666. I’d buy that

3 Likes

Hey Frank are you really the brother or sister … Or friend ??? I think you’re nothing of it. And yet it seems to me as if you were this because you are talking about Vedder always thinks about how he acts and how he plans everything … I think you are somebody trying to get money out for yourself and still More advantages … And I can not imagine that your suffering is synonymous only to begin with what has to do with Longboard Montainboard or something else has POINT !!!