(new) maytech mto-6880 190kv ha c3 (for the hard core)

It sounded good whilst running unloaded so my current thinking is that I might have the pressure on the gears a little tight. Its hard to know how much, thinking about taking it apart again and adjusting.

1 Like

I bought 5 6880 motors and 3 are like you are saying and 2 are fixed…

1 Like

What is that blue thing there? I t doesnt look like it should be there and is not placed in orderly fashion? also inside the bottom of the can touching the magnets?

1 Like

That’s normal, it is for counterbalance the can for perfect spinning, don’t worry :ok_hand:

5 Likes

But the factory put that, or someone put it later? Is looks kind of cheap, almost like someone dripped wax inside the can over critical parts of the motor like the base of the can next to the magnets and over the edge where the motor cap seals (??)

Is that necessary? Is critical?

By factory, I guess only cheap motors are not balanced.

Does it rub somewhere when spinning? Otherwise I wouldn’t care. My closed 6374 Maytech look the same

1 Like

I found that wax type thing inside my Tacon Bigfoot bare can, it took me one hour to get rid of that thing with my solder. Annoying stuff

This is applied in the factory to balance the motor. Motors are hard to machine to perfect balance so A machine spins the motor bell and works out where and how much weight needs to be added to balance it perfectly. It looks odd but it’s usually a sign of a good motor cause cheep motors don’t get balanced like this.

2 Likes