New in: TRAMPA's Orrsum Longboard with 6.5 inch URBAN TREADS

I do like it quite a bit though. I just don’t need the drive train. … And I have to sell my carver first lol. I need a little financial discipline with this hobby, and I don’t exactly have a ton of space left for all my builds haha.

When you say “complete” you mean the complete/kit electric longboards? I note the non-electric versions are no longer on your site.

It’s an interesting niche you’re going for with this. On one hand it’d be great to order everything and have it show up ready to be assembled instead of waiting months for parts from several different vendors. But on the other side one fo the great things about DIY is you get to pick and choose what components you want. Also, I don’t mind soldering stuff… if this kit cuts all that out, well where’s the fun in that :joy:.

Good to see the end caps for the battery tray :+1:, but those trucks need to be anodized black :wink:

I’m not sure you’ll pick up much of the prebuilt market with this. Seems you’d still need quite the technical background to assemble one of these including sourcing a battery pack/bms/power switch. Not to mention drilling 'n stuff to mount the enclosure. Always happy to be proven wrong.

Also, while we’re talking about new trampa stuff. What’s a “Trampa VESC Connect”? Bluetooth module?

1 Like

My point exactly. I don’t necessarily want a belt driven set up. A big draw is the challenge of designing something of my own (or outsourcing it haha). I want it my way.

1 Like

When you hold these beauties in your hand you will quickly realize that anodizing such parts black would be a shame. The CNCed aircraft alloy looks fabulous, contrasting the deck in a beautiful way. Trampa has always been about quality and exposing the materials we work with. This is why we ad the CNC work to our MTB Trucks after surface treatment. It’s a pain in the bum to do that, since the parts have to travel from the CNC factory to the surface treatment factory and back. And they need to handle them with extra care after the coating has been applied. But it’s worth the extra work.

We will do the drillage and drop the inserts into the deck. Those boards come ready to fit the battery. Stil there is plenty of room for tweaks and mods.

What’s a Trampa VESC-Connect? Good question! But we will see what it is very soon. Benjamin and I think it’s orrsum and there is a very high chance that you will share our opinion.

2 Likes

Very early prototype, using the urban carve motor mount, trucks with old style baseplate…Still in our fleet and performing as it did on day one.

1 Like

7 Likes

Hey @trampa I like the new Orrsum deck but I also like building. The trucks that go on this complete are rocking my boat but I could not decipher from the trucks purchase page if Trampa provide one or a pair for £100?

The word ‘trucks’ is used a few times but nowhere does it say only a single truck will be supplied.

If a pair then I’m a buyer for these along with the Orrsum dual mounts(no guesswork there :+1:)

Ps. I’ll also need mudpuggers for the HolyPro, hard to get traction on sand with these alpha tires

1 Like

That is a single 100% CNCed from solid billet truck. The widest trucks you can buy these days.

Are there plans for a narrower truck?

Edit: like the mini vertigo, etc.

ok thanks for the info.

Mini Vertigo and the 12 Fifties share the same width.

2 Likes

I like your deck @trampa because resembles mine with cut-outs and all (made me think I’m not alone with my choices) also like the wider trucks, which along with Orrsum flat deck defies conventional wisdom and gets lots of flak from all four points of the esk8 universe. Also thought about putting gummies to this super light LDP, but I realized will receive more criticism from naysayers and doomsday seers… guess I was not too far from reality with my wild dream.

IMG_20171112_154355

3 Likes

I forget, what kind of deck do you have? I really like it, how would you mount an enclosure to it…?

1 Like

How’s the flex on the mauna?

1 Like

Is dificult, comes with underneath cross beams and recesses, so I’m thinking on creating a 100% covered conformal enclosure. But I’ll do it.

1 Like

it’s interesting. i may use it on a future build. will keep u posted

1 Like

When you hold the deck (made out of Baltic Birch wood) in your hands, feels as stiff as an iron rail. Is super slim, like a razor, and super light, just 1.6 kgs (3,2 pounds). It comes in two version, soft and firm flexes. Mine is firm but off course it flexes a little bit with your weight, about 1 inch. It was designed primarily as a LDP deck (Long Distant Push, or Long Distance Pump, which ever the acronym); the decks side cuts are a result of the designer wish to help the Longboarder to push with both legs straight below the shoulders comfortably.

They first cut the baltic birch long strips, the cores are then vertically laminated, glued together (this gives the sandwich a lot of strenght); then carving out lots of wood and reinforcing the plank with 22 carbon fiber layers. The carbon fiber along the wood qualities produce a very strong and stiff deck. The resulting cruciform shape gives additional robustness.

Mauna%20Baltic%20Birch

2 Likes

love it. it’s so clean. hows it feel with no concave though?

1 Like

Despite being flat as the City Hall lobby it feel super grippy. Because is so long you feel secure positioned ‘inside’ and not over the decks edge. I’m also thinking on designing a carbon footstop which will be a beauty, though. Will be smthng like this…

3 Likes