New Hummie Hubs!

I want to like this post more times.

1 Like

If you do end up with one extra pair of hubs. Let me know when the bidding war begins

Iā€™ll help you out this time and start it at $1 to kick things off

Thx I saw the molds. So basically I understood correctly you printed your wheels then you use it to make a mold of the outer and inner part that you actually use to make the final wheels. Then -how do you cut open the mold in order to separate the parts? I see you add some references to the mold in order to out i back together when you poor the wheels. Weā€™re those part also included in the 3d printed model of the wheels? -how do you get the final finish look of the wheels? I mean at the two flat side that correspond to the upper and the lower part of the mold.

Thank you for the explanation

Pour two times to make the two part molds.

But better full explanation you should get looking on bjbenerprises.com and Troy, @Pylonflyer, made a bunch of short videos showing the best ways to do everything. I could ramble on and on but he has good visuals too. But these wheels I donā€™t make and the molds are old.

1 Like

image Im going down the list and have 13 sets here but ran out of the leads wire. If youā€™re willing to take a set without leads and u solder then Iā€™ll send you these if ur USA otherwise new leads should be here in a couple days. Iā€™ll be making the motors in the meantime and post up pics tomorrow night. These will be gone w tracking n some more close to together.

I donā€™t have shrink wrap and can do that too if only can find some shrink. Iā€™ll order that express and have these after or you have shrinkwrsp? Iā€™ll find some borrow some.

6 Likes

what gauge wire have you been using for the leads?

ten and twelve awg

All you have to do is solder multistrand wire onto the single strand copper phase wires , and add shrink tubing, right? If so, I have both and can do it myself rather than wait.

Also @Hummie , why 2 different gauges?

Same, I can solder the phase leads if it means I can get my hands on those hub motors sooner :star_struck:

@TheCrow @deltazeta ok iā€™ll send these ones without phase wires to you

two gauges of wire for no good reason.
took a long time today but get these all out tomorrow and should be able to shrink them all

6 Likes

imageimageimageimage Took time testing them. I have boxes here to pack them. The ridiculousness is Iā€™m going on a plane to San Diego tomorrow. Flight at 9am. These are tested and happy to see them all spin on the live data. I kick it to 8amps and they run in foc really only doing maybe 2.5 amps on14.8v and theyā€™re 70kv pretty close to that. Iā€™ll box them all tonight. If you know a way to get these to a post office tomorrow ā€¦otherwise Iā€™m back Monday. I could maybe leave them somewhere for a pickup. Iā€™ll look into it. Going to the post office sucks anyway.

Iā€™m just going down the list except also caustin cause been so long. Americans. And next week Iā€™m not working and figuring this out and will get them all done next week I think. Seriously. If not maybe half a week more.

6 Likes

They look like fucked up lightsaber handles. Amazing.

1 Like

How long you recon it will be to start getting the UK motors out? I was pretty high up that list :wink:

im taking off next week from work and will do them full time. I think iā€™ll definitely send out most if not all the eu orders by the end of next week.

3 Likes

Can the Australasian Peeps get in on that shipment as well?

Went yesterday to get the Tacon Bigfoot from @Hummie. Inside his home/shop was like Aladdins Cave for an Esk8boarderā€¦

IMG_20180907_011653

3 Likes

The man himself!

IMG_20180905_161515

Ridding his coveted 15 layer wood & carbon board with Centrax wheels. (for those interested in @Hummieā€™s board he has a couple dozen of 'em) ā€¦thick, layered, light and strong deck. Perfect to fit them with his Hummies. Highly recomended!

12 Likes

Iā€™ve always wondered what @hummie looked like. Always had that mysterious air to him for me. Lol

First I see @mmaner,@sender, @skunk and now @Hummie

Is there something going on or am I missing something :laughing:

9 Likes