New Hummie Hubs!

oo yea remembering now. wonder how it will hold up to the abuse of the road and only other time i read of such a design with teeth that are added it was used for railroad motors and deteriorated with those vibrations.

was just told the molds are done so should be 3 weeks till tires are done.

they want to know what color. doesnt matter much but i like straight grey andl I forget the results of the poll but it was unearthed that they could be further dyed with Rit to black if wanted.

3 Likes

Grey would be cool, but why not bright green to match the centrax wheels?

4 Likes

Personally I would pick something different so that when the true enthusiast see them. they know they are hummie’s

5 Likes

I would argue white since it’s the easiest to dye any color, but whatever doesn’t mess with the formula

Edit: It was Black that one the poll btw

2 Likes

Purple like the old school hubs

Who cares what color they are…whichever gets here quickest and rides the best…I swear some people are so hung up on color they must be painting their nails to match haha

5 Likes

Color is an important aspect to some of our builds. While it may not all be important to you, It may be important to others. White makes it easier for the majority to worth with , so if one wishes to make them the same color as the centrax they can. Want them black ? they can, any other color of the fucking rainbow? they can. I swear some people are so hung up on what other people find important.

battleship grey sounds good. green…they might not get it exactly the same and that wouldn’t be nice. they will be coming in three weeks regardless of color. some people are hung up on some people and what they like! Id like gray today and likely another color 3 weeks from now and luckily it will be too late and they will be here by then.

2 Likes

I just got in some of those new boa wheels and they are incredible! Would be sweet if you could get them to do your wheels!

After how many miles?

6 Likes

U wanna wait longer for your motors?:joy::joy::joy: trust me guys these feel great and this is after almost 300 miles of riding, do u wanna see the comparison to these now vs raptor 2s after 1 ride?

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, don’t hold up delivery for that! I just meant that would be very great if that could be done, lol.

1 Like

battleship grey. or gray if you want that.

but please buy some motors…at the last moments…making final ends meet now that my job is over. have to get some more bearings really. One more set of these sold and in the clear.

500$ paypal to [email protected] includes other truck and two centrax wheels too.

Dibs

10 char

2 Likes

@Hummie is that it or can i still get in on this?

And we’re in! Cant wait to get these

WoW! It’s now 3 am and I wanted to go to bed 2 hours ago, but than came across this post! I started goining trough the whole developement. It was so amazing to see such an amazing product evolve like that. Thanks for all these updates. I guess I stepped over it at the right time :slight_smile:

I have some questions… first: When can I buy one? Second: If youre having so much trouble with the weels, why don’t you use the same system as carvon does it? They just make it possible to mount any 3th party weel. That woul also make it easyer to replace them.

20180514_084625_1024x1024

1 Like

sure it could be done like that, a direct drive instead of a hub motor, and there are benefits there as you say. the main development direction with these hub motors has been durability given what has come before and it went where it went. one day we will have all the motors on hand to compare and I think the view will be that they are all options and its a preference thing.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard you say it so I will.

The beaty of @Hummie hubs is in the simplicity. Lots if mass for heat disapation, lots of thane to eat up vibrations, no sensors to break, stealth as f**k …

12 Likes

@willpark16 how’s the testing been going? What’s the top speed you’ve hit? What’s been your average Wh/Mi?

1 Like