New Hummie Hubs!

Ehhhhh it’s just that? You know that 7075 is close to some steels? I think I saw somewhere that it Has some inflence on magnetic field or something. Interesting stuff so I asked those experts here ;)[quote=“webst, post:750, topic:25251”] I just though that the answer was so obvious that the question shouldn’t be asked (and I couldn’t resist a bit of malice) :wink: [/quote]

Hehehehhe all good but thanks to this question I’m 100% sure now and not 99% :wink: I know that I could just ask straight and simple but… :wink:

7075 might be close to some steel but if its hardened properly it should be way harder than alu. It’s getting a lot of stress from the road with only a thin layer of thane on it.

My guess is that in order to keep the magnetic flux of the permanent magnets the material surrounding them should have the best ferromagnetic properties.

1 Like

The steel helps create a stronger magnetic field, which leads to more power for the size. Important in size limited situations.

2 Likes

Understated. I think there’s more opportunity to leverage varying qualities of steel in hub motors for power, stability, strength and other improvements.

its not the coolest name “steelhubs” and when I tell people they always ask what I said. how about "revomotors.com? bought that. also bought pervomotors and was going to do a website that had one direction for guys and another for girls. not pc but would be more fun to make.

especially mild or soft steel is not as hard as other things, but hardness can be brittle, and magnetically this softer steel is ideal in that it’s ferromagnetic but it also is able to switch the polarity of the magnetic field within it easily: it is magnetically soft. a magnetically harder material, like a hardened steel, is stronger physically but will be more prone to snapping than bending when it does reach it’s physical limit and also magnetically harder and will heat more easily from the switching magnetic field. hysteresis.

I got bucks for this premo rubber and order that today. only other hold up is the magnets…guy told me two weeks time a month ago now but now says one more max…and then it’s shipped super fast from china and luke is the magnet boy and does those at “rocket” speed. I bet he will finish everyone’s bell in a day or two max. so this coming week or two…we should be there. those are the last bits needed

2 Likes

:+1: revomotors.com

I was about to say I can’t wait to be order #1 for revoboards.com… then saw revoglider.com :confused:

From reading the thread it would seem it is going to be a few weeks before these are ready to ship. Just curious how many you have to make to meet existing orders?

OH HELL YEAH !!! revoglider 4Life

I’ve got to make like 50 motors. Willing to make a bet they’ll all be done by end of the month! And tires in like another week after.

6 Likes

So basically 2.5 weeks?

At an absolute bare minimum, some will be shipped within 2.5 weeks. Hopefully, all.

3 Likes

Looking forwards to it :slight_smile:

Hopefully :o temperature here is now at around 15 degrees so all the snow is almost gone

Temps have been staying super cool. Blew a VESC yesterday like a dummy, but rode 3wd for about 10 miles, haha. Swapped out the VESC and good as new. Little teaser of what AWD hummie hubs can do if you wire it for power:

5 Likes

Just got mine going. Quieter than the old motors and much quieter than evoheyax s. It’s either the focbox or the larger magnets in the rotor. I’m betting the bigger magnets n testing tonight. I’ll put up some video tonight w good sound.

9 Likes

Hello @Hummie is everything sorted out so far? Or are there still more quirks to be handled? Do you have any clue if @evoheyax rocket board will be ready for shipping approx the same time? It would be great to ship them together.

Best regards Fatos B.

glad to say after a couple hundred miles of testing up mountains and everything else there are no quirks! Did twin peaks two days ago at like 30mph up and down and hit a max of 140f and the wheels and more importantly the core of the wheel is showing no deformation or even wear!
We’re waiting for more of this awesome 75 duro rubber to arrive which has shown to be really pretty durable. I have like 8 gallons of other rubber but its not as nice as this 75 duro stuff. other than that we need more magnets which were supposed to be here last week! And there’s also a need for more of the wheel core resin. At this point my word is mud and I thought we’d be further along by now but really its just these parts that are needed. When the resin and magnets get here there’s nothing stopping me from getting them out. We have a bunch of motors done already and wee plan to do a lot of work tomorrow and I’ll post some pics of what we finish and also still have to post some riding footage. cant seem to get my videos up here. not much of a video but the drone crashes. I’ll get a good one tomorrow w sound and also some good pics of the done motors…redeem my word

17 Likes

To be honest I can say I have absolutely no problem with the wait for these because you’ve managed to STAY IN CONTACT with us, regardless of if it was good news or not, so I think your word is certainly not mud :wink: Thanks for the update, super excited!

9 Likes

Hummie is a lot better than carvons on communication :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like