New Hummie Hubs!

He’s a lot better than Carvon in many aspects I think. I was very anti-hub at first and was all about the V4’s, but after seeing the crazy good quality and detail in every aspect that has been put into those hubs it was an easy decision. My main concern has always been the weight that is put on the bearings for hubs, but I feel pretty confident these will be vastly superior to all other hubs.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to compare and contrast between the carvons and hummies…i bet I’ll have the hummies first

4 Likes

Hummie has been pumping out the winds. Many more I’ll be terminating and pressing tomorrow:

19 Likes

Really good to see you actually riding an powered board again.

3 Likes

Best footage ever. The crash was great. Excited to get these.

@hummie did yours break? I hit a pole at like 5-8mph with a mavic pro… still working!

1 Like

Nice to hear from u. It isn’t my drone. It the infamous Devin’s . it was OK just needed new prop I think.
New wheel core resin on route so will be making wheels likely by end of the week but unfortunate ly not the super rubber which will be another week or two. And come over n try the motors anyone!

3 Likes

Another big day. More motors have been pressed and are ready for dipping. 14 sets of motors so far.

25 Likes

Your windings look so fricken beautiful.

Do you have a video of winding them? I guess it would be boring but would love to see it anyway. I would speed it up after the first one and show ten in a row hehe.

2 Likes

yea if someone lends me a gopro I’m hoping to make some video

1 Like

Are there any larger wheels competed, 97-107mm size? Would love to see some pics of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder the same thing, give the man some time :wink:

Lol, sorry, I get really excited about these hubs haha!

2 Likes

I imagine the main thing that we would ever need to service our replace is the bearings. Will it be easy to replace them or will we need special tools or something to put new ones in?

1 Like

yea I’ll do the bigger wheel very soon. just waiting for the rubber to show in like two weeks and magnets in like a day or two but will have EVERYTHING done other than those parts. I’ll post a pic with a lot more motors stacked up similar to the pic above

replacing the bearings is doable with a couple standard tools and if you look back a couple pages I show the tools: an 8mm allen wrench (2$), a two pin spanner that is typically used for a bicycle freewheel (10$), and a c-clip tool (depends how good you want anywhere from 10 to 60 bucks). those tools take everything apart. but I’ll also be using retaining fluid on the bearings, which is glue to make them effectively an interference fit instead of a the slide fit they are, so they also will need to be pressed apart using a press.

2 Likes

How do you deal with heat? the Raptor 2 hubs get super hot. Even the entire rear truck gets so hot you cant touch it.

1 Like

So how long do you think it’ll be for you to be able to ship out motors with 107mm wheels?

1 Like

i want to see! bring it over! I want to compete up mt. Tam!

damn wish I had more of this good rubber and surprised the place is out of it for another two weeks or I’d be hooking you guys up pronto. But ive had a couple people come over and try the board in the meantime so come over.

how do I deal with heat? havent been getting hotter than 150f so far on anything I’ve done so havent been thinking about it.

im off work in a month and the rubber should be here in like 3 weeks, and luke is out of school in two weeks…so finally be sending stuff out soon. once this rubber is here nag me and I can get these things done.

6 Likes

I have to measure the motor temperature with my infrared thermometer I need to take it with me on a ride and check to see if it’s going above 150f the truck sure feels like it will sizzle my skin off if I leave my finger on it lol.

It’s good that the truck is getting hot! Means that it’s actually doing its job of transferring heat. Although it’s still concerning that its getting that hot, what kind of riding are you doing? What’s the ambient temperature? How much do you weigh?

1 Like